• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittently chucking it down here too.

Updations doing the needful doings on the nutjobs on previous page.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Crap. Travel ban means I have to fly to Glasgow tonight or not at all.

Bubbles will not be allowed to spend the night at each others homes.
      Bubbles are allowed to stay over night at each others homes as they count as a single household but the bubbles should be local.

So if your partner was in London you would be fine to stay over night and vice versa, but Scotland is pushing it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bins taken out. (Noticed it’s black bin week, so put our last bag into the neighbour’s bin, that’s closer than ours.)

Spotted that the other neighbour had left the passenger door of their car wide open. I suspect the seat will be soaking wet. Decided to do the neighbourly thing and close it.
        The car immediately locked.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tired and fed up but what’s new?

Need some direction in life. Not sure I fancy being a network engineer (however good I might be, and however long it took to be this good) for ever.

FFS nearly 40, still paying the bloody mortgage, still settling for permie roles of 55 or 60k. Can just see the empty years ahead getting shorter.

Comment

Stood in the kitchen with a sharp knife on my wrist the other night. Bottled it and dropped it when heard someone coming. Not quite worked up the nerve

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Stood in the kitchen with a sharp knife on my wrist the other night. Bottled it and dropped it when heard someone coming. Not quite worked up the nerve
              <- manly

You really must find somebody to talk things through with if you're feeling that low. Maybe have a word with your GP?

Comment

You’re right NF. Sorry, not necessarily usual material for here

Comment

No telly tonight other than some police thing that was chuntering on while I ate dinner. Instead, I spent time reading various things from assorted online archives, in the vague hope of having interesting links to post tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

White sky with blue bits.

Gales dropped to light breeze.

No currentl precipitation though there was a small shower a few minutes ago.

Sunless.

Warmer at 17.4 deg in here.

999 mBar now, after it dropped to 992 mBar last night, 67% RH.

The orchid I was presented with the other day is already dying.

It requires a warm draught free room out of direct sunlight.

So, in essence, it's doomed.

It's dropping flowers.

Monday.

The telex machine is shining particularly brightly today.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      You’re right NF. Sorry, not necessarily usual material for here
                      Not a problem but it won't solve anything and it creates massive problems for the people you love and who love you.

Equally while £55k isn't what you are used to, it's a lot more than most people earn - so be careful about complaining about it elsewhere.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X