• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk walked in the encroaching dusk, green ring closed without too much of that unpleasant effort

And the recycling bin has been trundled. I thought I might have to do a couple of the general waste bins too, but it looks like the landlord took the bags out of them and stuck them in other people's bins despite walking with a stick

Though now I think about it, my kitchen bin needs emptying, so I might end up trundling one of them later despite his efforts.

Not too bad out there now, the promised 14°C having been reached and the rain having abated

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      In a little while I shall investigate putting a dish in the front room looking out through the window.

Alternatively, one bolted to a scaffolding pole outside the front door.

I fecking hate builders, roofers, and most of all scaffolders.
      Found the missing half of the dipole.

Ape must have knocked it off with a pole or somesuch.

2 dishes extracted from the garage, one a portable one from Maplin that's been there for a good 10 years or so, and the other being the dish that decorated the chimney for 10 years or so.

The Maplin one got used.

Had to read the destructions to figure out how to put it together it not being obvious (at least to me it wasn't).

The box it came in looks as if you could carry a cannon in it.

Duly plonked behind the desk in the front room, connected to an ancient Lidl(tm) sat receiver and my HP spectrum analyser.

After much potching about it got itself aligned and most stuff comes in fine apart from the ones I want to watch naturally enough.

Signal strength is reasonable in the front room, not so good at the end of a poxy bit of aluminum screened CT100 from B&Q.

Naturally I couldn't get the twiston F connectors to twist on the way it suggests on the box so I crimped a fecker on there instead.

Memo to self: get more crimp on F connectors.

The crimp tool came from Maplin in 2017 and is actually the right size for the job.

So there we are, I can watch Blaze for the nutjobbery on DTTV instead of sat.

I knew you were all anxious about this.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed pears with, wait for it, wait for it, custard (still got too much milk), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, and the foot has complained a lot.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Let's see what Rich Hall has to say about the US election. He's quite funny, have seen him live many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Let's see what Rich Hall has to say about the US election. He's quite funny, have seen him live many years ago.
          Ahh seeing live acts...those were the days before February 2020......
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner: Chips from the chippy.

Ents: Currently staring at BBC London.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Found the missing half of the dipole.

Ape must have knocked it off with a pole or somesuch.
              Are you going to climb the scaffolding and fix it?

Comment

Another odd Google SV thing:

Google Maps

Mind you, not as odd as their image of a certain old bloke bent over fiddling with his van door. Not posting any pics of that. Anyone else here on Street View?

Another one on same road:

Google Maps
                Last edited by xoggoth; 29 October 2020, 19:59.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Another odd Google SV thing:

Google Maps

Mind you, not as odd as their image of a certain old bloke bent over fiddling with his van door. Not posting any pics of that. Anyone else here on Street View?
                  Not in person, but my Toyota Corolla can be seen in the car park at my former ClientCo in Cambridgeshire. The car park is nearly empty and it occupies the best space, that being the one closest to and pointing straight out of the exit. That means it was one of the mornings when the A14 was kind and I got there before about 8:10am

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Are you going to climb the scaffolding and fix it?
                    Eventually.

I'll wait until they've done the roof first.

Entertainment: "Powering Britain" on BBC2, all about offshore windfarms.

She's currently inside a turbine going up in the lift, now climbing the last bit up a ladder.

Now out on top: feck me, that's a looooong way down.

Impressive engineering.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      It was a bit meh, sadly. Maybe I just don't care enough about the US elections.

Comment

Working...
                      X