• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An orange was indeed eaten this afternoon.

Such is the excitement around here.

I have made a to-do list for the rest of the week as today really wasn't all that productive.

Comment

Just tok a trip to the council tip, my first visit since lockdown. Disposed of some used cooking oil (my deep fat fryer takes it 3L at a time), an old flatpack cupboard (already disassembled) and an old flatpack bookcase (ditto). I was under the impression I'd already disposed of the last of these, but apparently not. Or maybe this was one I'd forgotten owning

Anyway, it's all gone now

Got held at the barrier of the tip for about twenty minutes before they'd let us in, as one of the big skips was being removed. But I managed to just miss the absolute worst of the rush hour getting home; the tip's on the other side of the river, so there's a bottleneck at the bridge on the way back which can take ages to get through after about five in the evening.

Still got to sort out a load of other junk in the bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just tok a trip to the council tip…
        took

Comment

And the car needs petrol next time I'm down Sainsbury's way, which I think will be the first time I've filled it up since before lockdown

Comment

Dog walked, dark out now, and very wet.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dark out. Not currently raining but it was forecast to have stopped by now.

Comment

Just spent 3 hours trying to solve how to do something only to find a wordpress plugin that could do it all for me.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Just spent 3 hours trying to solve how to do something only to find a wordpress plugin that could do it all for me.

As a non-web-developer, WP is great. Just takes a bit of time to find a free (or low cost) plugin that does what you need and then leave it to it.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And the car needs petrol next time I'm down Sainsbury's way, which I think will be the first time I've filled it up since before lockdown
                    March?

It was breaded haddock by the way, I had a look at the box in the freezer.

The gardening clothes are out of the WM and into the TD.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I filled up 2 weeks ago. First time since end of February.

Then again I've been traveling up and down to a supermarket down a dual carriageway to ensure my battery doesn't go flat.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X