• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bins trundled. Not as cold out as I expected

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Soup will be ready soon…
      And it turned out very nice again, being suitably zingy and flavoursome

Six more bowls-worth divvied up, ready to overnight in the fridge and be frozen tomorrow

And after that, a brisk walk has been walked to get the green ring closed

Comment

Tonight's viewing was E2 of the Surgeons thing on iPlayer, some during soup time, and the rest after the walk.

Down to 7°C out there already. Might shut the bedroom window tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

You wouldn't believe how much work it is to put a nginx proxy in front of a wordpress site.

The actual planned bit of work took the 5 minutes expected - getting wordpress not to throw a wobble -2 hours on Google

And it's only a single line of config that I eventually found as an aside in a stack overflow response that fixed it.
          Last edited by eek; 27 October 2020, 07:39.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

It's dull, overcast, and wet out this morning. Not actively raining at present but there's a 100% chance of further precipitation today which ought to stop early evening. Currently 9 degrees with a forecast high of 14. Barometer up to 999 mBar.

First coffee has been made.

Bins have been collected, as in taken from where I placed them on my patio top step and collated into the pile on the street where they will be picked up later. Silly environmental recycling technician then came down into my patio to look for more bags! I put my refuse bags up the top so they don't have to waste time doing that. Maybe they felt they needed the exercise.

Comment

Morning all

Wet.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Grey/white sky.

Sunless.

15.8 deg in here.

994 mBar and 66%RH.

Tuesday.

Was woken by much thumping outside so got up.

No sign of activity other than one of those little litter picker truck things on the other side of the road cleaning the gutters, or as much of the gutter as the parked cars allow.

The Toe is still complaining.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Back in the Surrey residence. Currently raining and 8C, but a pleasant walk earlier.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, showery day out, currently 9°C but soaring to 13° later

Had a very good night's sleep; well, I assume I did, as I don't remember it and woke feeling quite refreshed

Comment

Morning

Raining. Has been raining since approximately 7.10am

Grey skies.

Not cold though.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Still grey and damp

Sorted out some stuff in the calamity of piled-up crap that is my bedroom. Several bags-worth of things that need to go down to the Oxfam clothes/fabrics bank at Sainsbury's have already been revealed, but they're a bit musty in parts so I should probably give them a wash first

This means I won't be able to get them there before the electrician chap arrives in the morning, so shoving them under the bed seems like the best option, which means I have to sort out whatever crap is already under the bed

I suspect I'll finish up carting a bunch of stuff down to be stored in the cars first thing tomorrow morning. He needs enough space to set up a stepladder to test the light socket once he's replaced the consumer unit and also to be able to get to the wall sockets, and it's a very small room so that won't be possible if I still have stuff sitting around in there waiting to be disposed off. And for the same reason, it'll be in the way if I put it anywhere else inside the flat. So turning the cars into skips temporarily seems like the only option

It's such a hassle that I'm tempted to go and clean the bathroom or kitchen instead, just to put it off without feeling too guilty

On the bright side, the state of that bedroom has been gnawing at my soul since forever, so I'll feel a lot happier once it's finally dealt with

Comment

Working...
                      X