• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Today has so far been mostly spent ripping up the bathroom floor to determine the extent of the water damage from the hitherto unnoticed leaking joint behind the toilet.

Vinyl flooring soaked through, plywood subfloor soaked through and warped, lots of black mould, floor boards beginning to get wet but I think we caught it in time to avoid having to get them up as well.

Water to toilet now off. Insurance company called. De-humidifier doing it thing.

Could be a silver lining as we wanted to redo the bathroom anyway and the remains of the subfloor are still under the cabinets and bath so will all have to come out to sort the floor out. Should be able to substitute in the new ones when they go back in after the floor is replaced and save paying twice for the same job.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Some light potching done in the SUNSHINE.

4 or 5 barrowloads of stuff roughly filling some holes in the back lane.

Won't last long but at least I've made an effort.

The idle gits down the other end never lift a finger or bend a back.

It's been like that for half a century and more.

The morning's Freecell score: 57%.

That's wiped out a number of 100%ers at a fecking stroke.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: roast pork butty on sesame bloomer

While shifting the clotheshorse out of the way, I managed to gash the base of my finger on a sharp bit thereof where the plastic coating has broken off

Comment

Dirt Bike has new front forks. Ordered in June and they had a 10 day lead time - Italian time. They were built last Saturday... Not that I'm complaining.

Bike reassembled this morning, and a short test run. Tomorrow on the dirt will be interesting. I hope I don't bump into Dominic Scummings, because my brakes might just fail at the sight of him.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Dirt Bike has new front forks. Ordered in June and they had a 10 day lead time - Italian time. They were built last Saturday... Not that I'm complaining.

Bike reassembled this morning, and a short test run. Tomorrow on the dirt will be interesting. I hope I don't bump into Dominic Scummings, because my brakes might just fail at the sight of him.
            What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Bedford is in the Milton Keynes postcode area, but Bedford is not in Milton Keynes.

Postcode prefixes are vague and arbitrary symbols of the way the GPO envisaged postal deliveries might henceforth be arranged in the 1960s; an epiphenomenon of a lost age when logistics were structured around fifty-year plans of urban development rather than instant re-routing when a bus and a taxi cause a twenty minute holdup when they bump into each other at a roundabout.

Meanwhile, independent of any form of centrally directed planning or appellation, In Slough continues to be In Slough
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Watched 1917 last night it was a pretty good movie. Plot a little lost sometimes and the Germans were portrayed as fairly bloodthirsty and desperate not really nice guys with a poor choice in a Kaiser as has been the recent custom.

The idea that the soldiers left booby traps behind in abandoned trenches makes sense and agrees with history programmes I have seen. The general littering of decomposing bodies was quite shocking but it is probably totally accurate.

In a 10 mile-ish journey Schofield came across 1 Sikh and two Africans in British uniform near Ecouste.

Considering these were normally kept in their own regiments it does seem a little like tokenism but I suppose it started a conversation.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nicely uneventful journey to the airport. We have sampled (and purchased) some local gin and also purchased some licor beirão. Yes, paid more than in the local shops but it's convenient to get it here.

We are now in the ANA lounge which has an entertaining rule: food and drink can only be taken in a specific area which is the only place where you can remove your mask. Guess where most people are sat?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Watched 1917 last night it was a pretty good movie. Plot a little lost sometimes and the Germans were portrayed as fairly bloodthirsty and desperate not really nice guys with a poor choice in a Kaiser as has been the recent custom.

The idea that the soldiers left booby traps behind in abandoned trenches makes sense and agrees with history programmes I have seen. The general littering of decomposing bodies was quite shocking but it is probably totally accurate.

In a 10 mile-ish journey Schofield came across 1 Sikh and two Africans in British uniform near Ecouste.

Considering these were normally kept in their own regiments it does seem a little like tokenism but I suppose it started a conversation.
                    Just seen that it's "included with Prime" so I might watch it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just seen that it's "included with Prime" so I might watch it tonight
                      wasn't that last year?
                      I found it tedious, but then i don't go for 'atmospheric drama' much.
                      reminds of those boring Swedish movies from the '70's.
                      Igmar bergen or some such.
                      about as miserable as our own Ivan Ackeroff with his DOOM sh1te.

Comment

Working...
                      X