• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was Cachorrinho and Pica Pau á Américo (pequeno) washed down with a beer. Now on the train to Coimbra.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Lunch was Cachorrinho and Pica Pau á Américo (pequeno) washed down with a beer. Now on the train to Coimbra.

You're safer to stay out there than come back to London.

Enjoy.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Low-resistance exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

The knee's still a bit dodgy, but it seems that didn't put too much strain on it as it doesn't appear to have become any worse off than it was before

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You're safer to stay out there than come back to London.

Enjoy.
          They've just introduced mandatory masks outside in crowded/busy areas here and most people seem to be complying with wearing them outdoors.

Comment

More potching about done, relieving some irritations by clearing stuff up, moving ancient magazines about, and bagging up crap that should have been bagged up 18 months ago.

Lovely golden sunshine as the sun sets slowly in the west with definite signs of chem trails in the sky.

Tea: first of the new batch of chilli con carne with, today, basmati rice, further sampling of the stewed pears, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD. I think I found a dvd to watch yesterday, dunno if I'll feel like watching today though.

Currently wondering if the "bl*ck m*n's pinch" on my f*nger will turn into a granuloma like the l*st one d*d.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trundling done

I got it done while it's still light this week, as the landlord is in hospital, or maybe out and recuperating now, having an operation on his hip. He asked me to look after the general waste bins for a couple of weeks, so naturally I agreed - partly because it's good to help the sick and lame, and partly because it's sensible to stay on the right side of people who can put your rent up

I too also managed to find time to dispose of various things that have been cluttering the place and should have been got rid of years ago, including some bits of expanded polystyrene packaging and the boxes in which they previously lived, along with some other boxes that didn't have any. All of these were still here for no other reason than sheer idleness on my part

So in the end, the total trundled was one recycling bin largely filled with stuff in grey bin liners that will be rejected by the recyclers, and two general waste bins (of four), one of them mainly containing expanded polystyrene things

Comment

Comment

Comment

<pc dixon voice>
                    evening all.
                    </pc dixon voice>
                    dinner has been beef strongandtough (not really) from M&S.
                    and a merlot, for a change.
                    ents is Lewis, as i appear to have developed a liking fur murdurs lately.
                    must be the interminable meetings with PM's.
                    still, it'll be all done soon.
                    another project done, another nice wedge in the coffers.
                    retirement #4 beckons.

Comment

Dinner: Chicken curry
                      Ents: Now I know the fecking rules watching crap.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X