• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine ordered (Waitrose 25% off 6 bottles or more, saved £127)
    BA flights exchanged for vouchers (£650)
    Oh, and £50 interest on the PBs this month.

Now I think it’s TFBSZ.

I’m sure there’s something else, but I can’t remember.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's dinnertime viewing was one of those things on iPlayer about High Court Enforcement Agents, who I believe are no longer called sheriffs, whatever the BBC might think

And later, I started watching the HBO drama-documentary Recount (TV Movie 2008), all about the unholy mess that was the election count in Florida in 2000, complete with hanging, dimpled, and any imaginable other kinds of chad. It's very good, with an excellent cast including John Hurt among others. But I've discovered it's two hours long, and I'm quite tired after staying up late for yesterday's electoral shenanigans, so I've stopped about halfway through and I'll watch the rest tomorrow

I only have it because a few years ago I wanted to watch Too Big to Fail (TV Movie 2011), and it only came in a set of three with the above and Game Change (TV Movie 2012), about Sarah Palin in the 2008 election. I suspect that last one might turn out to be more of a comedy-documentary though

Goodnight all

Comment

I just remembered a hairdresser opened up on my road yesterday. They didn't put any signs outside so were empty on their only open day for a month.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning

Grey grey day

And it's 3 degrees.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Odd looking sky white clouds with blue patches.

Hints of sun.

Cold. 14.7 in here to start with.

Remarkably high pressure: 1038mBar and 66% RH.

Thursday.

All my offerings to the disposal and recycling deities have gone.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful day out, even a bit of crunch through the frost.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with bits of thin and wispy high cloud

No frost on the stable etc. roofs out the back, but not very warm so far either at 6°C outside and 15° within. But the full-fat duvet kept me warm enough despite having left the bedroom window open about three or four inches

Comment

The grey is actually fog.

Comment

Morning all

It was a bit dull first thing but seems a bit brighter now. It's apparently 11 degrees and will get up to 12 later. Low chance of rain.

First coffee drunk.

Comment

Morning

Prepping for the first sales meeting in months with the added advantage that the customer hasn't told me anything about what they want so it's going to be a matter of asking questions and then more questions.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X