• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Having inspected the roof, it looks as if the felt has decayed even more than the previous layer had.

Ho very hum.

It's not my shed any more so dunno what to do next.
    so why bother if it's not yours?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      so why bother if it's not yours?
      I'm not going to bother.

As you say, it ain't my problem any more.

Though it is dripping on what remains of my bike & a trolley jack.

I didn't think it had rained all that much, it seemed dry in there yesterday (or I was so blind I never noticed).

Dunno what they're hammering next door but it's getting on my fecking tits at the moment.

<hiatus>

Well it's hammering down now.

Er, outside, rain, like, rather that hammering inside, party wall, like.

Glad we cleared that up, like.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2020, 16:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still can't access HSBC online banking.

Currently a new on hold record of 43 minutes (so far).

Comment

Brightened up a bit outside again, and the rain seems to be holding off. Might go for a walk in a bit

Comment

The sky went a funny colour then it rained.

Now the sun is setting...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Still can't access HSBC online banking.

Currently a new on hold record of 43 minutes (so far).
              Still on hold (1 h 42 minutes).

I got through to someone at 1h20m and after explaining my enquiry they said they didn't deal with online banking issues and put me back on hold.

I didn't realise the Online Banking Helpdesk didn't handle online banking issues...

Comment

Fun conference calls this evening.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Brightened up a bit outside again, and the rain seems to be holding off. Might go for a walk in a bit
                  Walk walked, green ring closed

There turned out to be a light shower ding tis thing as I left, but I persevered and it moved on

I headed up the main road this time, as I don't go that way very often. But being straight and level, presumably to make life easier for the Roman soldiers that used to march along it, it didn't get my heart going much to start with despite my brisk pace, which meant the workout app penalised me by discounting the first couple of minutes - well, that's my theory anyway. But adding a minor detour via a small back road on the route I took after that made up the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Still on hold (1 h 42 minutes).

I got through to someone at 1h20m and after explaining my enquiry they said they didn't deal with online banking issues and put me back on hold.

I didn't realise the Online Banking Helpdesk didn't handle online banking issues...
                    They didn't say they weren't responsible for them, just that they don't deal with them, which sounds about right from your experience

Comment

Dinner has been king prawn pad thai, with a nice Chablis.
                      ents will be mair murdurs. <och, jean>

Comment

Working...
                      X