• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    sorted.
    Thanks vetran.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Thanks vetran.
      He's helpful like that

Comment

It's now not just drizzly but positively tipping it down. Grey and gloomy too. What a day!

Comment

Cool, bright, and sunny. A super day to be stuck inside working. However, I have rediscovered mint Humbugs. #winning.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Just looked out the window. Ground is still dry. It feels very dark out but no black clouds visible.

Comment

Heavens opens up there for a minute, but it's stopped now.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

chuckin it dahn in soggy sarf herts.
                just when i need to go out.
                bugrit bugrit bugrit.

Comment

Wet stuff now falling from that sky place.

Comment

Test done

More importantly: green ring closed

The place was basically a gazebo and a few trestle tables in the far corner of the park (I entered at the diagonally opposite corner) staffed by maybe ten people with some rope cordoning it off. There was one other victim of government ineptitude just entering as I covered the last twenty yards or so to the gatekeeper bloke. I showed my QR code, and he pointed me to Trestle Table 2.

The bloke there asked me if I'd done one before and, as I hadn't, took me through it. He gave me the stick with the cotton bud on the end and told me to shove it right in the back of my throat, then counted to ten, and then I had to stick it up my nose for a count of five. Then that got packaged and I was passed along to another bloke who dealt with making sure I had a copy of the barcode and test number, told me it'll be 24-72 hours for the results (but often within 24-48 at the moment) and sent me on my way rejoicing. I'd got there about six minutes early, and was leaving the park again the way I'd come just on the stroke of noon

Then I had to choose a convoluted route home to get the green ring closed, via the nice roads up the "hill" where you seldom see another pedestrian on a sunny day, let alone in the downpour that was going on throughout this process

And so home, where I immediately got phoned by my mother, told here where I'd just been, and then had to explain multiple times that I actually felt only very mildly under the weather; and that in turn was interrupted by the landlord knocking on the door to tell me an electrician will be coming to fit a new consumer unit in the flat and check the sockets late next month, and could I take the bins out when he has an operation soon; and then back from that to my mother, and then back from that to reality. It's like Inception round here sometimes

Now to start deciding what to have for lunch

Comment

Walk walked.

The overwhelming grey dissipated a bit and there's blue patches and occasional sunshine, with no rain on the stagger.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (other crust, not as thick as the other one), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X