• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: "Aliens (1986)" with that Sigourney Weaver and that Kyle Reese.

War Factories (Colt) on Yesterday at 20:00.

Some thing about walking Roman Roads on 5+1 at 21:00.
    The War Factories thing also covered the AK47.

The "Walking Britain's Roman Roads" is inneresting enough, Watling St. this week.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Curry night here: chicken jalfrezi (out of the freezer) with rice and naan

Comment

Courgette pie for dinner (vaguely like this: Greek courgette and herb pie recipe )
        from our garden.
        The Wife (tm) has gone out for drinks, so in an effort to run down supplies, I’m also enjoying a glass of 2018 vintage sloe gin - from our blackthorn hedge.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dinner was delish. A mix of southern Indian dishes. Veggie sides and a big lump o' chicken and a yummy coconut sauce.

Comment

It seemed rather windy out when I popped out the back a little while ago

The ambulance stayed out there for a bit over an hour. I was eating when it went, so I don't know if they took anyone away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Maybe next time you should just supervise while he does all the actual work

There are other ways to make him feel appreciated..... Mrs V normally goes with "can you do my feet" or when cold she tries to suck the warmth out of my thighs/bottom with the aforementioned feet. If I am really good she sings to me like Rip Van Winkle.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dinner was Firecracker chicken followed by a Berliner Doughnut.
                Evening was the rowing runs followed with some DIY.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yet more ST:TNG tonight, as I battle my way to S5 where it starts getting really good. First, S4E22 Half a Life (TV Episode 1991), in which Troy’s mother shows up to annoy everyone as well as being the voice of the computer. Then S4E23 The Host (TV Episode 1991), in which the doctor falls for a bloke until it turns out he’s actually the symbiont living inside his body - yes, it’s the Trill, one of whom later turned up in DS9

The building must have retained some heat, as the internal temperature has gone back up to 22°C since I closed the window

Goodnight all

Comment

morning
                      CBS and a bit King Billy in shivery sarf herts.
                      Thursday.
                      virtual Friday (day orf tomorrow).

Comment

Working...
                      X