• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    no it's not.
    Oh yes it is.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bike ride done. A repeat of a rather good off-road/gravel route I found a couple of weeks ago.

Lunch eaten. Frittata with feta, olives, tomato and red onion.

Now on a live chat with someone from Hive trying to get to the bottom of why our radiators get hot every time the hot water comes on. I already know the answer, it's cos the chap that installed it wired it up for a combi boiler but we have a gravity fed system. Just waiting for them to come to the conclusion that they need to send out an engineer who will no doubt then "find and fix" the issue.
      Last edited by DaveB; 6 September 2020, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Oh yes it is.
        'snot

Comment

'snot
          'tis

Comment

'tis
            'tis no longer.

And we finally have a Hive engineer booked for Thursday morning. Like pulling fecking teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              It's raining.
              no it's not.
              Oh yes it is.
              'snot
              'tis
              'tis no longer.

And we finally have a Hive engineer booked for Thursday morning. Like pulling fecking teeth.
              Good luck with The Hive. Sounds like something 7 of 9 might be involved with.

The rain has duly departed.

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

In other news, the Sunday shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons completed.

The washing of the shopping from Tesco and Morrisons completed.

The feeding of he who would be StrangeloveMog done again.

3rd time today.

Taking the michael I suspect.

Turns out the house next door is sold as of Tuesday, so they're in there emptying the remaining stuff.

I've just acquired a garden bench.

Not that I actually want a garden bench.

Maybe I can sell it to the new neighbours when I meet them.

Him next door the other way has managed to do his usual half arsed job of mowing one of his lawns.

Strangelove parents must be spinning in their urns if they can see the state of the place.

I've decided I sold the wrong house.

Should have sold this one & kept next door.

But there you go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2020, 15:08.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny and Simpsonesque here now

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

The steady weight loss seems to have stalled a bit the last two or three weeks. Either I need to do even more exercise, I need to change it up a bit with maybe bending-and-stretching type stuff, or I should avoid the special offers in the biscuit aisle at Sainsbury's

Comment

Dear me.

Must not or I won't sleep tonight.

In other other news, The Oak Island nutjobs return this evening on Blaze with the start of a new series (well it's new to Blaze, not so new to History or Discovery or whatever encrypted channel it's on first).

Now wondering if I can find another non comedy Tom Hanks epic in the piles.

Oh, and leaving the biscuits where they are in the shop is a good idea since it takes about half an hour of exercise per biscuit to use the calories.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Late lunch: chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Starting to get a bit low on homemade soups now, though they've mainly been supplanted by stews, casseroles and curries, so there's still no room in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Oh, and leaving the biscuits where they are in the shop is a good idea since it takes about half an hour of exercise per biscuit to use the calories.
                      Yes, they soon add up. I'll limit them to weekend treats for a while. And it'd probably be a good idea not to eat so many crisps either

Comment

Working...
                      X