• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    some episodes are a bit naff, but i'm enjoying it so far.
    Makes a change from HSB.

I've got the box set of NYPD Blue to go through at some time.

There's 11 seasons of that against a mere 7 for hsb, though the Buntz lookalike is in all of them even if his prostate isn't.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2020, 09:48.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Zoom call done

Now I'm stuck with the rest of Sunday to fill

Comment

Lovely walk along the beach earlier. Very pleasant day now, although The Dog (tw) is still limping
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Turkey leg is aroasting.

Seem to be a bit late this morning.

Still CBS out there.

With added chem trail.

It's almost not freezing, though it's 12.8 deg in the salting house.

That's a mere 20 degrees colder than it reached in there earlier in the year.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

House roughly vacced even less than usual since the "office" floor is covered in windfall pears and thusly cannot be vacced at all this week.

I hear that the News Quiz is back next Friday, which may or may not be a good thing depending on who they have as chair.

The Irish chap was brilliant at it but instead of him they had some very irritating woman for the first tranche.

Comment

Good afternoon

It was bright and sunny when I got up about 9 am but now it's turned a bit grim looking. Currently 16 degrees, forecast high of 17 and although there's a low chance of rain it's going to be dull all day by the looks of it. Barometer up to 1015 mBar

Brother got discharged yesterday about 5 minutes after I arrived at my parents. Because they did the gristle removal up through a vein in his right arm he can't drive for a couple of days. He seemed to be in good spirits according to my Dad, who picked him and dropped him home.

Finally got around to fitting a DVD drive into my PC, which required much faffing due to to the overenthusiastic cable management in place. All fitted, years of dust and ick cleared away, and to test it worked, I dug out a random old game disc. Ninety minutes later I can confirm that Overlord II is still good fun to play even though it's old and the controls are a bit clunky.

Breakfast was a fresh baked croissant from a new stash in the freezer, with some berries and cherries jam. Time for another coffee and contemplation about whether to go to my storage place and drop off the tat I gathered from my Nan's garage yesterday. Tat being those pesky accounts one has to keep for seven years.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 30 August 2020, 14:20.

Comment

Lunch has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with bread of many (well, both) colours

Just remembered I was thinking of making sausage rolls. Ah well, I can do them tomorrow

And there's apple and blackberry pies to be made, too.

Comment

Lunch: Roast turkey leg was nice enough, I didn't eat all of it, wanting some for tomorrow, blueberry yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Time for the weekly Sunday afternoon trip to Tesco and Morrisons.

Oh the stress.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2020, 13:05.

Comment

I keep meaning to get a turkey leg but never remember when I'm shopping

Comment

Working...
                      X