• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, orange segments (very ) and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The apples I consumed later were pretty fecking too.

Entertainment:

The remainder of the contents of "The Prisoner" dvds, including alternate cuts of Arrival and The Chimes of Big Ben, plus the commentary on "Fall Out".

It transpires that the missile in "Fall Out" (which is never explained) turns out to be a Blue Streak, so it must have had a Union Flag on the side of it.

Talking a Blue Streak: The ambitious, quiet waste of the Spadeadam Rocket Establishment • The Register

After all of which less than stellar excitement, I dug "Empire of Wolves" out the stacks of dvds, only to find it's Region 1, so I was forced to press the Akai region free player into action.

Quite odd really since it's in French with subtitles.

Empire of the Wolves (2005) - IMDb

Jean Reno, 2005.

A winning example of style over substance, film is very enjoyable for the undiscriminating.
    That's me alright.

Here's sommat else that rarely fails to irritate me:

Britain Hasn’t Had a Rocket in Half a Century. Now the Black Arrow is Back.
    |
    airspacemag.com

| Air & Space Magazine

as cancelled by that visionary Grocer Heath.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 August 2020, 22:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's movie premiere was Snowden (2016), the story of the CIA-NSA-Contractor chap who pulled the plug on the NSA's global surveillance. Rather good, I thought, though as always one isn't sure how much truth there is in a "based on a true story" story. But that IMDb link should in itself land somebody at the NSA or CIA with the job of reading the whole of TPD, or at least the bits they haven't read already, checking for anything untoward, so that'll be nice for them as there's a lot of good stuff been posted in here over the years

And to follow, I decided to rewatch Straight Outta Compton (2015), because it really is a very good film even for those of us who aren't active fans of gangsta rap

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        V murky out, no question of mist or fog - it’s fog.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tonight's movie premiere was Snowden (2016), the story of the CIA-NSA-Contractor chap who pulled the plug on the NSA's global surveillance. Rather good, I thought, though as always one isn't sure how much truth there is in a "based on a true story" story. But that IMDb link should in itself land somebody at the NSA or CIA with the job of reading the whole of TPD, or at least the bits they haven't read already, checking for anything untoward, so that'll be nice for them as there's a lot of good stuff been posted in here over the years
          Here you go: PAGING LHO, PAGING LHO, where are you when your country needs you?

And if you've got a spare few minutes, get rid of Bozo too.

Morning all

UnDry.

Pissing down.

Sunless.

Light grey sky.

22.6 deg in here.

1011 mBar.

Saturday apparently.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Tea (Barry's) drunk, figs from the garden foraged and one pear from the tree so far.

Coffee now brewing.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It was Kitchen Exiles Birthday yesterday, I've been writing recipes for 6 years now.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  It was Kitchen Exiles Birthday yesterday, I've been writing recipes for 6 years now.

Happy birthday! It's a good blog, thank you for sharing

Comment

Morning all

Overcast. 19 degrees currently, forecast high of 23 later. Ground currently dry, 90% chance of rain this afternoon. Barometer up a smidge to 1014 mBar.

I have to read some policy documents for work today.

HWMBO was planning a quarantine date night dinner but I think that's been postponed to tomorrow as we were so stuffed after last night's scoffings.

Comment

Walk walked.
                      The Dog (tw) has had a shower as she came back filthy.
                      I’ve not had one as my towel is upstairs, so I’m just going to stay smelly for a bit.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X