• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey out, or "mostly cloudy" as the official channels so succinctly put it

Currently 17°C out there, having come down to 23° in here overnight; but it's forecast to go to 29° out later without even the courtesy of a few thunderstorms to liven things up, those not being due until tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Just remembered this series of novels from long long ago:

JAMES McCLURE (1939-2006)
      Just realised I've got one of his non-fiction books, Spike Island, about the day-to-day (or, more interestingly, night-to-night) work of the central Liverpool police circa 1979

Comment

Bit disappointed that we never found out what happened to Kramer & Zondi, though the last book (which is set in the 60s before the rest) sort of implies they might have met a dreadful fate with the burning tyres.

Morning all

Grey.

White sky.

Close.

Slightly cooler at a mere 23.1 deg.

Sunless. ()

1010 mBara.

Monday.

Telex machine is sparkling this morning.

<hiatus>

The rain has arrived.

From the sounds it's making on the leanto roof, it's thinking about getting really serious about it.

Getting really dark now.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

Gosh!
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2020, 09:46.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The rain has arrived.

From the sounds it's making on the leanto roof, it's thinking about getting really serious about it.

Getting really dark now.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

Gosh!
            Send them our way

Comment

Errant SD card has been retrived. In the process of recovery it came apart into its constituent components and the little 'lock/unlock' switch has been lost. I can now no longer erase the contents of the card which is annoying as I clear off photos after each holiday and reset the numbering.

A dab of glue and the card is back in one piece in case I do figure out how to fake the lock toggle. I know on the cassette tapes of yesteryear that one could get around the recording block with a lump of bluetac (or a wodge of mushed up paper for the less classy). Is there a similar fudge for SD cards?

As I have a £20 cashback offer from Amex on spend over £20 with PC World, I have a new card ordered at minimal cost to myself (bought some batteries to get me over the £20 spend).

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Up to 25°C outside and in now

And I think I'll stick the exercise attire in the wash, as it positively reeks

Comment

Pulled apart an old SD card card to rob it of its toggle.

In unlock mode, my PC no longer recognises the card. In lock mode, it's recognised but (obviously) write locked.

Comment

How to Fix a Broken Lock on SD Cards: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

https://www.instructables.com/id/rep...-SD-card-lock/
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nepalese for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X