• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As member of comsearch, I'm going out tomorrow to search for hidden knives in local parks. Bleedin' 'eck - what has this country turned into?

PS If I find a gun, I'll probably hide it in my rucksack if nobody's looking.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Big beef roasting joint is in the oven
      The roast beef dinner came to fruition, and was quite exceptionally nice

Loads of beef left too, to be thinly sliced and frozen for use in future sandwiches etc.

Comment

HWMBO cooked up some seabass that we bought from the Italian restaurant around the corner. They are providing more of a deli service with a few outside seats while the weather allows.

Comment

New “patio” built as somewhere to put up a small garden table and parasol for the photos.

It was hot today.

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            PS If I find a gun, I'll probably hide it in my rucksack if nobody's looking.
            If you find a gun leave it where it is & inform the plod.

A chap who moved one and took it to a plod station got done for handling it.

5 year min.

Tea: ham and mustard sandwich, several blackcurrant jam sandwiches all on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread.

Entertainment:

The Prisoner E3 "Free for All " wherein our hero stands for election.

The Prisoner E4 "The Schizoid Man " wherein there's a duplicate of Our Hero who takes his place. It's a brain feck sort of thing.

The Prisoner E5 "The General" wherein our hero disposes of a computer by the simple method of asking it "WHY?" after which it catches fire.

I had some sort of vague memory that an ASR33 or whatever was used for input but it was much odder than that.

Then, for a change, "Den of Thieves (2018)" with Gerard Butler et al.

Den of Thieves (2018) - IMDb

They went through over a million rounds making this.

It has about as much relation to Hill Street Blues as HSB has to Dixon of Dock Green.

Currently watching/listening to what must be the worst commentary in creation on "The General".

The commenter (Peter Graham Scott) is plainly ancient (odd that) and is waffling on about the crew more than the ep itself.

http://www.anorakzone.com/prisoner/General.html
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2020, 22:20.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh, it wasn't hard to write better code than their French hacker had
              After a decade in a large mainly French company, their coders weren't great. it was nearly impossible to get fired in France.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                After a decade in a large mainly French company, their coders weren't great. it was nearly impossible to get fired in France.
                Ubisoft in the late 1980s had taken their in-house developers, mainly teenagers, and put them all in a chateau in the depths of the Brittany countryside. The idea was that as there was absolutely nowhere to go and nothing to do, they'd just spend all of their time coding. Not sure how well that worked out; I declined an invitation to go there for a few days

Some my colleagues went at various times and told me the company had also installed a cordon bleu chef to take care of the developers' culinary requirements, who spent all his working time making burgers as that's all they wanted

Comment

No telly tonight other than finishing off that thing about the twin brother doctors and coronavirus on iPlayer.

Other than that, I read some more of Pepys' diary for November 1663, then made a start on Das Boot by Lothar-Günther Buchheim, later adapted for the film and the TV series (which was actually the film again but with all the stuff they'd had to cut to get it film-sized put back in).

Down to 18°C outside, but still around 24° in here

Early night now as I'm rather tired

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's currently 22 degrees, with a forecast high of 32 later. No cloud at present some likely later. Barometer has fallen to 1008 mBar.

First day back at work. First coffee nearly finished.

Today's excitement so far has been in trying to put a SD card into the wrong slot on my PC and it disappearing from view. Currently trying a combination of bluetac and straightened paperclips to try and retrieve it.

Comment

Morning all

Exhausted after yesterday, then The Dog (tw) decided it was too hot to sleep last night, so spent it trying to find somewhere cool in the house.

Walked her this morning and now striped off for work. Need to check I don't have any video calls today...
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X