• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely day out there now, if you like that kind of thing

Off to Sainsbury's for a few essentials now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Lovely day out there now, if you like that kind of thing

Off to Sainsbury's for a few essentials now.
      And back agin

Big Chickens seem to be in plentiful supply again, so there is soupmaking in my future

Despite being in a plague city, there didn't seem to be that much mask wearing in there - maybe 30% to 40%. It wasn't that busy for a Friday early evening either, even though people won't have gone away for the July Fortnight.

Comment

It's been scorchio out there today.

HWMBO and I went to the greengrocers and the local offie (who now sell cheese, so that is what we bought). We dropped our purchases off back home and then toddled up to Kensington High Street for a mooch. We are on bar #3 where all establishments have been sensibly controlled by owners and patrons like.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 18 July 2020, 09:51.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

I left it until now as I figured some of the activity around the shopping would be detected. Sure enough, it credited me with seven minutes

Comment

Entertainment: HSB S4 E13 "Fuchs Me? Fuchs You! " wherein the vice cops get busted.

HSB S4 E14: "Grace Under Pressure" wherein the passing of Phil Esterhaus is acknowledge, having died of a heart attack whilst in sexual congress with Grace Gardener.

NASA's secret files on Quest. More BS. s turning people to stone this week. And cyborg astronauts or rather taikonauts since this is septic paranoia.

HSB S4 E15: "The Other Side of Oneness ".

HSB S4 E16: "Parting Is Such Sweep Sorrow " wherein Phil's cremains are scattered on The Hill.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2020, 20:26.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Oh, we're off to Chinese American selling rocket secrets to the Chinese.

And talking to dolphins.

Plus a chap investigating the Apollo One disaster who was killed in a car crash after a visit from A Man In Black.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2020, 20:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spag bol for tea. Lovely stuff

Comment

The wife (tm) helped patch up a child the other day, and was rewarded yesterday with a bottle of Domaine de Tourelles Cinsault from Lebanon.
                  V. Tasty.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As I seem to have stumbled into a rewatch of that family of films recently, tonight's first feature was Alien (1979), the one which kicked the whole thing off. I watched the "Director's Cut 2003" but only because, according to IMDb, the 4K version thereof isn't actually the 2003 director's cut, which the director himself didn't speak well of. Apparently he took the opportunity of the 4K remastering to re-edit it, so it's more like the 2019 Director's Cut but still called the 2003… FFS, I'm tired of all that crap. I can't even tell the difference anyway. It was Alien, it's good

But all that misery in space can only be tolerated for so long before one fancies a change, so onwards to Crazy Rich Asians (2018). As I said last time I watched this, it doesn't come up to the standard of The Devil Wears Prada or The Intern, but on second viewing I think I'm safe in asserting that the thing this film lacks is any deeper message than the clichéd notion that "Love will conquer all". That's really all it has to say, just in a weird and glitzy context, and that isn't enough for it to have any weight. But it's good fun, for what it is

And finally, S2E2 of Hanna. This creates its own little universe in which to happen, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm still pondering whether it's going to continue doing so well enough for the future. But I'm enjoying it so far

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X