• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was way too much takeaway food from a Malaysian place near Paddington just so we could use up that £10 voucher.

Lots of left overs for snacking.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Wine didn’t arrive (probably below 100 bottles left )
      I have suitably complained to Waitrose.
      One of the tins of paint has gone to Bedford.
      No rush, it might not be needed.

Paperwork from lowest estate agent in - £150+VAT for EPC and photos, 1.5% commission.
      The one we are going with (awaiting documentation to confirm) was suggesting putting it on at £115k more than this guy, charging £83+VAT for EPC and 1.25% commission.

If anyone is looking for a 3 bed/2 bath/3 reception, big garden, outside London and has no chain, let me know.

INKSPE - Not looking to downsize

Lets hope the flight from London ups the sale price. You would be shocked what a house in the People's republic of Slough sells for. You might get £100k!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        INKSPE - Not looking to downsize

Lets hope the flight from London ups the sale price. You would be shocked what a house in the People's republic of Slough sells for. You might get £100k!
        100k just about put the sunroom and office on this place.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          100k just about put the sunroom and office on this place.

far too easily riled my man!

£100k in slough gets you a one bed mobile home in the tulip part (so many choices)! we is an HS2 area.

Find 3 Bedroom Houses for Sale in Slough - Zoopla

honestly anything under 800k is ooops!
          Last edited by vetran; 16 July 2020, 22:46.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight, I revisited Alien: Covenant (2017), sequel to Prometheus and prequel to Alien. It's perfectly fine really, though as always the obsessives moan about it in comparison to some gilded age memory they have of the earlier/later ones

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be.

White sky.

Drizzling a little.

Sunless.

Friday.

20.3 deg.

Barometer at 1019 mBar.

Knackered.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, already up to 21°C, with 24° promised for later

I'll tolerate that kind of thing for a little bit as it's the July Fortnight, but after that I want my continuous light drizzle back

(The July Fortnight is the two weeks when, traditionally, Leicester's factories all closed and everybody cleared off to Skegness and Mablethorpe for their hols. Many small shops and other businesses also closed for the duration. It was due to some kind of arrangement between the industrial areas of the East Midlands and the holiday resorts of the east coast to stagger each city's summer holiday period so the resorts didn't get swamped with the populations of more than one of them at a time. Leicester moved its fortnight to July from August in 1965, following extensive discussions between factory owners and unions, and a ballot of factory workers across the county by the Chamber of Commerce. To this day the school term ends at the start of the fortnight and there are still small shops that close down during it, though not many of the latter left now as the older shopkeepers retire or die. Even though the big factories are gone now, many Leicester people still arrange to take their holidays during this fortnight.)

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies, etc.

TFIF.

House not sold yet.

Wine delivery due 11:53-12:53, but nothing proactively sent to me to advise me of that.

Tin of paint went from Bedford to Camberley overnight and is out on its way.

House not on the market yet.

One of the houses we were considering has sold, which is annoying, but about 20 more on our "prospects" list. And anyway, we'll move in to our other place if this sells quickly.

Comment

How remiss of me: Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of WM and in TD.

Shirts in WM.

I was thinking of washing the bedding but it's drizzly so I'll wait until it's not. (probly November, then. ).

Inneresting conversation with an ex colleague at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde regarding the curious contortions involving this year's unexamined results.

Do you want a first with that?
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tin of paint has arrived.

Comment

Working...
                      X