• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Zoom call done

My niece, who's living at home in the Peak District until such time as her employer in London unfurloughs her, compared Leicester to the plague village of Eyam

Comment

^^^You need a little bell that you can ring as you wander around shouting "Unclean! Unclean!"*

Tea: Heinz spring vegetable soup (badly dented tin, reduced, Morrisons), 2 x ham & mustard sandwiches, one on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed and spelt bread, other on Morrisons multiseed bread, pippy purple corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Filthy Britain on 5.

HSB S3 E1 "Trial by Fury"

*More usually for leprosy, but needs must & all that.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

the will to live is a bit thin today.
        the addled one is playing up, and there are few options for me to help my partner.
        external care assistance is being reinstated from tomorrow, so we'll see.
        a north african style fish stew has been concocted for dinner.
        more on that later.

Comment

though getting rather distracted by a documentary featuring proboscis monkeys

Getting quite breezy here now

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            more on that later.
            and very nice it was too.
            spuds a bit al dente, but ok.
            general flavour excellent, for a first attempt.
            oh,and with a nice Rioja Blanco.
            F1 highlights now, probably more HSB or DIP later.

Comment

I have safely returned to civilisation.

No parking available on my street.

Luckily I was only bearing a clematis and a frame for it to climb up. I am pleased we opted against trying to get a huge tomato plant into my car.

There were a right bunch of eejits on the road this afternoon, the one driving up the A24 through Holmwood (after joining from the A29 without considering my right of way) was the most 'interesting'. He had one arm waving about out the window (therefore driving with one hand), and was weaving about the dual carriageway (leading one to think the other hand wasn't always on the steering wheel either). I kept well back and was very pleased that they turned right at the roundabout.

There's never a traffic cop around when you want one. (Other cops are available but, IME, they tend to ignore questionable drivers)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                the will to live is a bit thin today.
                the addled one is playing up, and there are few options for me to help my partner.
                external care assistance is being reinstated from tomorrow, so we'll see.
                more on that later.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I am pleased we opted against trying to get a huge vietnamese tomato plant into my car.

)

Comment

WlmS <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      WlmS <- manly
                      WTBS.

The Filthy Britain thing is ditch clearing in Malvern after a flood.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X