• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Helicopter bimbling about outside

They worried you are going to run?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: HSB S2 E15: "Some Like It Hot-Wired" wherein the good sergeant gets his motor nicked.

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E10: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".

It doesn't specify what the missing Thing is, but I suppose I'll find out.
      Still dunno what the Missing Thing was.

Then I watched Blaze "Unidentified: inside America's UFO investigation: the atomic connection", being about the strange attraction that nukes seem to have for UFOs.

They haven't mentioned Zeity though Shatner was on the preceding programme "American Pickers".

Now watching NASA's Unexplained Files which started off with 300M yr old nuclear explosions on Mars apparently indicated by the excess of Xe129 in the atmosphere.

Now they're on about Parsons, the nutjob who started off JPL whilst befriending Alistair Crowley. .

Oh, El Ron has just appeared.

Jack Parsons (rocket engineer) - Wikipedia

Now back on Blaze watching "Inside Area 51's Secrets".

I think it's about to waffle on about the SR71.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2020, 21:30.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        They worried you are going to run?
        Probably there to napalm anybody who tries to get their hair cut

Comment

Now they're on about Parsons, the nutjob who started off JPL whilst befriending Alistair Crowley. .

Oh, El Ron has just appeared.
          That whole business of L. Ron scamming Parsons was quite amazing

I've got a very good biography of Parsons, Strange Angel. Worth a read should you stumble across it

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas, and exceedingly nice too

The chicken thighs were the last ones I got from the Sainsbury's meat counter before it closed at the height of the pandemic panic. Hope they're back soon.

Comment

That whole business of L. Ron scamming Parsons was quite amazing

I've got a very good biography of Parsons, Strange Angel. Worth a read should you stumble across it
              I have a copy upstairs in one of the bookshelves.

Apparently there's another book about him.

The Blaze thing is about the Oxcart.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Wife (tm) isn’t prone to profanity, but has just watched the news about the Sutton hospital. Signed off almost a year ago, but then “delayed” for unknown reasons.
                She thought it was being saved as a news distraction when something bad had happened, but no, it’s being released today.

Some of the terminology she used when she saw the report were old English and would get anyone permabanned if they posted them in a sentence.

Now TFBSZ, in the knowledge that the E&StH upgrade to the 19thC is going ahead.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Zoom catch up lasted over 3 hours

It was good to have a natter about all sorts of crap, I have to say.

Tired now.

Comment

Also pleased to report that the uplighters at the front of the building were not fixed today.

Comment

(continued): Passengers on Film4: some poor sod on a colony ship wakes up 90 years too soon, all on his own.
                      I like that one, as is perhaps indicated by the fact I've watched it at least twice according to TPD records, and I suspect may have watched it a further time or two but failed to record it here
                      And it turns out I like it enough that I watched it again tonight, despite having watched it just a few months ago

After that, it turned out the second season of Amazon Prime's Hanna is now available. As usual, they've made the UHD version incredibly hard to find. I'd have thought something like a link on the HD programme page would be a good idea ("UHD? We do too!") but apparently such a notion is beyond the galaxy brains at Amazon

Anyway, although even a search for "hanna season 2" doesn't bring it up, a search for "hanna uhd" will do the job. And having finally found it, I remembered I'd never watched the UHD version of the first series (or season) because of the same shenanigans, and although I remember the film's storyline pretty well I decided I could do with reminding of the TV version's, so I watched S1E1 again but on UHD this time

And now a comparatively early night, as there's stuff I'd like to get done tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X