• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That low chance of a shower turned into showers off and on for the afternoon. Now, it is enthusiastically persisting it down.

Hopefully the caretaker won't feel the need to water the plants tomorrow.

Comment

The chicken casserole turned out very nice again

It's dry here, 14°C but still pretty windy

Comment

Glastonbury repeats have been very good, on the whole. Acoustic sessions always invoke an emotional response.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Entertainment: HSB S2 E8 "The World According to Freedom" with the commentary turned on.

Now: "Filthy Britain".

Next: TBD.
          (continued):3 minutes of "My Large Breasts" on Really. All about breast reduction surgery, which if you're 5' 1" with 38 K sounds like a possibility.

HSB S2 E9: " Pestolozzi's Revenge " wherein Renko loses his gun and becomes even more irritating than usual.

Oddly, much more irritating when watched daily than he seemed back in the day on one ep per week.

The nutjob in the Superhero costume returns.

Furillo goes before a grand jury.

All in all, not a particularly brilliant ep.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sometimes I'll spend a while wrestling with servers, databases, and writing code and it seems like hard work. But then I sit down to write a section for this HTML maps spec, and although I think it's fair to say I'm no slouch at the English language, it really is bloody hard work writing stuff well, or even just well enough to be going on with. I've spent about three hours on this stuff today, and I've only written about fifteen or twenty sentences when all's said and done

Mind, some of that time was going through the API specs for six or seven different mapping libraries so I was comparing and contrasting them correctly, but that was very much the easy part compared to getting the resultant thoughts down in prose

Comment

Anyway, I'd better start catching up on Hill Street Blues - I was on S1E1, so I'm falling behind quite badly

Comment

And so S1E2 of Hill Street Blues it was, "Hill Street Blues" Presidential Fever (TV Episode 1981) - IMDb

Quite tired now after today's unconscionably early start

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all

overcast and slightly king billy in sleepy sarf herts
                  monday, apparently
                  oddly enough, this mornings earworm was THAT song

Bowie's set was magnificent last night.

i'm on HSB 3:15 <or is it 4:1> now, but i have to FF when that bloody woman's in it.

Comment

Morning all

Drizzly.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

18.9 deg in here ( nearly two jumper temperature ).

1008 mbar.

Monday.

Telex machine far too clean, and not improved by the Today programme.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Telex machine far too clean, and not improved by the Today programme.
                      yes, THAT song

Comment

Working...
                      X