• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 2 coffees so far for me, and no biscuits.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

I've had my usual one double-strength coffee, and a nectarine

Comment

Freecell score: 88%, running average 83% (83.12%)

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust, loaf appears rather stale which is unfortunate since I bought it yesterday), red corner yog thing, bramble jelly sandwich and beetroot sandwich on same (to get rid quicker), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The temperature has hurtled up to 19.9 deg, though it seems colder.

It's much colder & windier outside.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Only 2 coffees so far for me, and no biscuits.

3rd coffee had, with a slice of banana loaf I made at the weekend.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all.

Grey, murky, breezy, cold.

Glad I'm not out in it.

CovKids running riot.

Comment

Lunch: scrambled egg on toast, with pickled mushrooms courtesy of the local Polish shop.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                a bad Golfer blames his balls!
                That is quite confusing - I'm below average and blame my lack of practice!

I watch the Rick Shiels videos on Youtube, which are generally very useful. I've recently acquired what he deems to be the two best-value balls at the moment, so I'll see how it goes. I figure investing in better balls is far cheaper than investing in more expensive clubs at the moment.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  That is quite confusing - I'm below average and blame my lack of practice!

I watch the Rick Shiels videos on Youtube, which are generally very useful. I've recently acquired what he deems to be the two best-value balls at the moment, so I'll see how it goes. I figure investing in better balls is far cheaper than investing in more expensive clubs at the moment.

It wasn't meant to be a dig just a joke. It was just a translation from "a bad workman blames his tools" because you were blaming your golf balls for the weather.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It wasn't meant to be a dig just a joke. It was just a translation from "a bad workman blames his tools" because you were blaming your golf balls for the weather.
                    It's all a good chance to say "balls" quite a lot.

Comment

I didn't take it as a dig.
                      I am just unsure whether to take the next step - pay for a few lessons, get a club fitting, etc and put pressure on myself to be better or simply enjoy the level I'm at of being delighted by the good shots rather than beating myself up over the bad ones. A better set of golf balls seems the equivalent of whacking extra RAM in a PC, i.e. best bang for buck. It'll hurst less losing a Srixon Distance than it would a Titleist Pro V1 given the near £3/ball price difference. I'm just not sure that I can justify, say, £400+ on a set of clubs if I cannot commit to getting to a good handicap as an end game.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X