• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    synchonicity, for i, too have con carnied a chilli for tonight's gustatory experience.

Tea: spag with some of that bol I cooked the other day, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: HSB S2 E7 "Chipped Beef" wherein our heroes get up to stuff and Fay's new beau dies (IIRC).

And just when poor old Frank was looking forward to not paying alimony any more.

Then it was on to "Something's killing me" where Lyme disease turned out to be rabies.

In fact Jeanna Giese was bitten by a bat (and got a nasty virus, well feck me, what a surprise) and became the only person known to have survived end stage rabies.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that it was some fecking evil bat virus rather than rabies, but there you go.

Medical Mystery: Only One Person Has Survived Rabies without Vaccine--But How? - Scientific American

Bats and rabies - Bats and disease in the UK - Bat Conservation Trust

Fecking lovely.

Now watching some prog about the Vikings on PBS, on some island or peninsular in Canada (disappointingly not Oak Island, so the nutjobs are safe).

Point Rosee - Wikipedia
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2020, 19:04.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

pheeeeww.
      that chilli is reportable to UKAEA!
      my sinuses are clearer than a really clear thing.
      ents tonight:
      toots and the maytals at glastonbury.
      reggae got soul,
      i and i inna babylon man

then young montalbano.

all served with a nice Rioja.
      maybe followed by appleton estate's finest.

it's a hard life.............................

Comment

Following on from the "this isn't a Viking site", I found

BBC One - Silicon Glen: From Ships to Microchips

Wherein Silicon Glen was described, in particular the IBM Greenock factory's rise & fall.

Also featured Mr Len Deighton, his IBM word processor, the lady who drove his IBM word processor and a nice photo of the room the word processor lived in.

It was not bijou & compact.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wherein Silicon Glen was described, in particular the IBM Greenock factory's rise & fall.

Also featured Mr Len Deighton, his IBM word processor, the lady who drove his IBM word processor and a nice photo of the room the word processor lived in.

neither were the 1400 or the 360/67

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I went to watch this but, in scrolling through the 'S' list, I happened upon this

BBC iPlayer - Scotland - Contains Strong Language

Offensive language from the start.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In the Chinese

Comment

Ooh it's the drivel page and the poorly timed driveller is nowhere to be seen?

Comment

I'm learning about the history of swearing and particularly Scottish swearing

Comment

There's a linguistics course you can do where all you do is swear! Sign me up!

Comment

Working...
                      X