• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Bugger me, how did it get to 3PM already? What happened to the day?
    Even later now!

Having realised that my trousers were sagging, I discovered that I could take my belt in a notch without undue discomfort. Haven't had it on that setting for at least a year, probably longer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Having realised that my trousers were sagging, I discovered that I could take my belt in a notch without undue discomfort. Haven't had it on that setting for at least a year, probably longer
      Though I just had a snack-size Wispa, so it may not last

Comment

Tomorrow's family Zoom call is at 10am so New Zealand can join in. So I'll have to get an early night tonight

Comment

Chilli duly con carned.

Turned out I'd bought black beans instead of red kidney beans, though I don't suppose it matters much, same number of beans makes five.

It's dark & pissing down again, not that it matters over much to me.

The current reading tomes are proving a less than gripping read, "Poisoned Peace" in particular, since the print is small, it's a thick paperback, and it's heavy too.

"The Complex", on the other hand, is just a bit meh.

I'll get through it eventually and it can go to a charity shoppe as soon as it likes.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2020, 15:16.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite blowy out but still dry and sunny.

Temperature is now 18 degrees and it looks like we won't reach the 21 forecast now. I was going to take a walk to the shop by then realised that zoom cocktails are at 5pm so no time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tomorrow's family Zoom call is at 10am so New Zealand can join in. So I'll have to get an early night tonight
              At least it won't clash with Monkey Life

Comment

21.9 Lidl deg in here and the barometer is showing 1000mbar.

Still raining.

Still blowing.

Grey.

Sunless.

But at least it's not hot.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2020, 15:24.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  At least it won't clash with Monkey Life
                  Just checked, and it appears Monkey Life is back!

Except so is the football, so they're only providing two hours of it, from noon onwards

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Chilli duly con carned.

since the print is small, it's a thick paperback, and it's heavy too.
                    synchonicity, for i, too have con carnied a chilli for tonight's gustatory experience.
                    <getting off my lazy arse and cooking for a change>

i've used an E-Reader for the last few years now.
                    they're light, and you can adjust the font settings.
                    unfortunately, the open source dutch rebrander has gorn bust, so i'll have to buy a Kindle and hack it when this <icarus> goes phut.
                    beer o'clock now, and a spot of reading on this wet and stuffy saturday.

Comment

Lunch, which I seem to have neglected to record, was a breaded chicken breast (out of the freezer, then roasted) in a wholemeal bap with red sauce

Comment

Working...
                      X