• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Putting the raggedy old shirt worn for exercise in the wash, as it's becoming singularly ripe again
    If you leave it long enough it'll walk there on its own.

Stone me, that BBE 2010 antihistamine has knocked me sideways.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2020, 12:02.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup for lunch, with the usual bits of bread. Very, very zingy, this batch

Comment

LM Jr has made lunch. Sausage barms with ketchup.

Meanwhile, outdoors. It looks like a great afternoon to go out and prove I'm still crap at golf.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Took a quick dash up to the post office. Crikey it's 'ot out. Won't be venturing forth again today.

Comment

we're >30C here.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              we're >30C here.
              My weather app says it's 31 degrees and it wasn't supposed to reach that for a good hour yet but I think it hit 31 about an hour or more ago.

Comment

28°C here according to the app, 27° within, and very sunny

Out the back, the building at the bottom of our yard (which I assume to have originally been a stable) has had its double doors on the other side, into the back lane (or whatever one should call it), replaced with a rolling shutter

The doors were badly rotten at the bottom, so they were about due to be replaced, and I suppose it's easier for the guy who rents it for storing building materials to not have to swing the doors open, then bring his van alongside. But it doesn't look as nice; more like a small unit on an industrial estate

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Finally got around to trying the fuit cake I'd made at the weekend.

Very moist, you can tell it's got booze in it. Sadly, all the fruit sunk to the bottom so it's almost a cake of two halves.
                  Did you cover the fruit in flour before adding?

Comment

Anyone going to drivel?

I have a meeting in 2 minutes so am unlikely to get far

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                      Did you cover the fruit in flour before adding?
                      The fruit is stewed in much booze and other yummy stuff that makes up the liquid part of the batter so, no.

It's usually fine, I probably just didn't mix it very well.

Comment

Working...
                      X