• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee drinking has been consistent. Another 12 days to consume a 250g bag of beans.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Currently 26°C outside and in here. But I've only just opened the windows properly to let the breeze in; I keep the curtains drawn until about this time as the sun shining in fades stuff, and with the windows being so tall that continues even once the sun is high, so it's necessary to wait until it's moved round to the south a bit

Comment

Morning all.

CBS a sunny here. Unfortunately Severn Trent have started drilling just down the road, which makes working without the noise cancelling headphones interesting.

Comment

Fun times on our daily team call today. Two of the four permie guys I support had their notice yesterday. Looks like they might be closing the whole office where they're based and outsourcing the work to Atos.

In the short term that means four more migration projects heading my way. In the longer term the writing could be on the wall for me too as a lot of my projects are officially delivered out of their office. The only way I can see myself surviving is the move to Atos being one where I give them architectures to implement, but that's some way off reality right now.

Comment

I've taken to listening to podcasts to alleviate the boredom of using the exercise bike. Just finished BBC Sounds - The Missing Cryptoqueen, which is really interesting and worth a listen if you like that kind of thing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Finally got around to trying the fuit cake I'd made at the weekend.

Very moist, you can tell it's got booze in it. Sadly, all the fruit sunk to the bottom so it's almost a cake of two halves.

Comment

Lunch: lentil (not very pfffft> soup (Heinz) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (getting a bit stale), ham and sweet chili on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (not so stale, in fact really nice), yellow corner yog thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And an ibuprofen tablet.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 83% (83.17%).

21.1 deg in here now.

Looks a lot hotter out there.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Putting the raggedy old shirt worn for exercise in the wash, as it's becoming singularly ripe again

Comment

Working...
                      X