• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following on from the acquisition of the TV Times, a walk up to the viewless point occurred.

Just at the right time since the yobs arrived as I was leaving, whereas it was pleasingly empty of personages when I got there.

After a nice cold ice cold shower (as if, it's positively warm at this time of year compared with February ), the vac has been run over the bits of floor that are visible in a half hearted attempt to keep the filth down a bit.

I really need to move the tellies but oddly enough I can't be arsed.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Going out for a big dog walk shortly.

It used to be that on a Tuesday I would walk to a local hostelry for a glass or two, then my wife would drive round and pick me up.

The former owners have invited us round for an outdoor meal in their garden - about a mile from the pub. So in memory of the old times, I'm walking to a closed pub to be picked up by my wife, then going round to theirs.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Up to 26°C here now according to the weather app; 25° in here according to the thermometer on the coffee table, but there's still a refreshing breeze coming through the window

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          but there's still a refreshing breeze coming through the window
          how is it getting through the window?

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky cod, orange segments & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Very nice.

I suspect M&S have lost my business.

They'll be bankrupt shortly.

Entertainment: HSB S1 E16 Part II and whatever else is on that dvd.

ITV2@20:00: Roswell New Mexico S1 E2.

Forces TV 23:00 Sapphire & Steel wherein our heroes get trapped.

Forever.

End of series.

Nice looking car which I thought was a Triumph Mayflower was a Triumph Renown apparently.

Triumph Renown - Wikipedia.

0 - 60 mph in 25 seconds. Wow.

From the days of pool petrol, 80 octane if you were lucky.

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-h...etrol-standard

Lucky? 68, 75, 80 octane.

Gordon Bennet.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 June 2020, 17:38.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

26 degrees
              Married

Comment

28 degrees! We have exceeded that which was forecast.

I may invest in an outdoor thermometer as I'm not convinced the app is truly representative of my little pocket of Kensington.

Comment

Evening all. Mrs LM has had a chicken curry in the slow cooker for most of the day. The only downside was that it was drowning out the coffee aroma when I made a pot earlier.

LM Jr is round at his sister's house, fixing/upgrading her PC. Think he loves her really.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Evening all. Mrs LM has had a chicken curry in the slow cooker for most of the day. The only downside was that it was drowning out the coffee aroma when I made a pot earlier.

LM Jr is round at his sister's house, fixing/upgrading her PC. Think he loves her really.
                    incest! - a game for all the family, by waddingtons.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      how is it getting through the window?
                      The sash is raised

Comment

Working...
                      X