• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something shat on one of my sheets so I had to wash it again.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Tapes E1.

Timeless S1 E7 "Stranded" being the story of getting stranded with a busted timemachine in 1754.

S1 E8 "Space Race" being the alternate history of Apollo 11.
    Entertainment (continued): Portillo on the Evils of The British Empire in South Africa.

96%:60.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2020, 20:19.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Something shat on one of my sheets so I had to wash it again.

Entertainment (continued): Portillo on the Evils of The British Empire in South Africa.

96%:60.
      I've been watching Portillo too! Great Asian Railway Journeys, currently in Malaysia - where I was supposed to be heading towards tomorrow.

Comment

rest of Serenity (yeah I know that is years old)

now on little fires everywhere. ok so far.

Dinner was fray Bentos S&K pie + veg!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sainsbury's didn't have a Big Chicken while I was there, but I grabbed some thighs & drumsticks which I just had for dinner, roasted, with chips and red sauce. Lovely

And what with bimbling about sorting out bins, and nipping up to the Amazon Locker just now, it turns out I'm very close to completing the exercise ring on the watch for today - so close, in fact, that I may just fool it by dangling my arm over the side of the armchair and swinging it about a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I've been watching Portillo too! Great Asian Railway Journeys, currently in Malaysia - where I was supposed to be heading towards tomorrow.
            Tomorrow was going to be the Boring Conference

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tomorrow was going to be the Boring Conference
              ah yes, of course. Soon!

Comment

I wasn't really innerested in Portillo's South African epic, having discovered that I'd completely forgotten it was on last week with no feeling of existential angst at having missed it.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Tapes E1.
                Oddly the dvd doesn't seem to be episoded, it's just 2 hours and 31 minutes of uninterrupted video.

Comment

Oddly the dvd doesn't seem to be episoded, it's just 2 hours and 31 minutes of uninterrupted video.
                  Weird! I wonder if my box set is like that. Does it do that when you select "Play all", or is there just one episode and no episode selection or scene selection option?

Tonight's entertainment here was just repeats of time-related stuff: Looper (2012), then Interstellar (2014). This was mainly because I've spent an inordinate amount of time this afternoon and evening wrestling with a regular expression problem, and wanted something less intractable to think about; time travel and relativity seemed about right

I've even gone so far as to take down from my shelf the definitive work, Friedl's Mastering Regular Expressions, because it's about time I understood the damn things definitively, from soup to nuts. Today's experience has taught me that being able to piece them together well enough for almost all occasions isn't enough when it's not one of those occasions

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Weird! I wonder if my box set is like that. Does it do that when you select "Play all", or is there just one episode and no episode selection or scene selection option?
                    IIRC (at this time of day), it presented me with a menu saying "play".

The episodes (2 of them) appear to be 1:15 long, so I didn't reach the end of the 1st ep when I stopped watching.

It would have made the prog 1:30 long back in the day with the adverts.

Morning all

Awake at 05:25 this morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Saturday.

Pissed off.

Awake.

Listening to "Ramblings".

Comment

IIRC (at this time of day), it presented me with a menu saying "play".

The episodes (2 of them) appear to be 1:15 long, so I didn't reach the end of the 1st ep when I stopped watching.

It would have made the prog 1:30 long back in the day with the adverts.

Morning all

Awake at 05:25 this morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Saturday.

Pissed off.

Awake.

Listening to "Ramblings".
                      Me too. I like Clare Balding on the radio.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X