• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tea tonight, an exotic foodstuff, available to very few: pasta

Spag bol to be precise. Exceedingly tasty it was, thanks to my excessive use of spices in the bol when I made it some weeks back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Think of them as different people who just happen to have the same names and occupations
      tried that, thanks.
      it's still pish.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        tried that, thanks.
        it's still pish.
        Oh, I didn’t expect it to make it any better in itself

Comment

It just occurred to me that this vague lurginess which has been coming and going the past few days, and which seems to have cleared up for the most part today, is probably hay fever

I never used to get it but over the last few years it’s gradually become A Thing. But I’m still not used to it, so every year I go through the process of realising it all over again

I’ve dug out the non-drowsy-making anti-hay-fever tablets I bought last year just in time for it to stop bothering me, and shall give them a try if it returns.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: Simon Schama's History of Britain E10 followed by something when I get around to it.
            Entertainment (corrected): 4 episodes of Frankie Howerd's Up Pompeii, very funny.

Elementary S6 E21 wherein our heroes relocate.

Simon Schama's History of Britain E10 "Britannia Inc."

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It just occurred to me that this vague lurginess which has been coming and going the past few days, and which seems to have cleared up for the most part today, is probably hay fever
            Look on the bright side I've been on antihistamines since January and at the moment I'm on two different 1 a days.

It more or less keeps the symptoms down.

I rather like Elementary, it's quite watchable & Watson is rather toothsome in her way.

In other other news, during my stroll down the garden to dispose of that unwanted log splitter, I noticed that the gooseberries seem to have appreciated the endless sun of recent weeks & have responded by being a good deal earlier than one might have previously expected.

One bush has good sized berries on it.

My rampant pruning last year seems to have gee'ed the bushes up no end.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2020, 22:44.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Much of the fun of hay fever is determining what pollen affects you.

I have some hayfever tablets that appear to have expired in March last year* that I'll take if I'm feeling grotty and remember. I am not 100% sure if I'm a sufferer as I know my symptoms are nothing like those of someone with a proper allergy. I get sniffles and the odd bout of unnecessary sneezing. Headaches I get regularly enough that I have no idea what triggers them anymore.

*A new packet was procured a few weeks ago but March 2019 is recent enough for me to be happy to use up the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Look on the bright side I've been on antihistamines since January and at the moment I'm on two different 1 a days.

It more or less keeps the symptoms down.
                I’m vaguely hoping I’ll have got used to my late onset hayfever in four or five years

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Much of the fun of hay fever is determining what pollen affects you.

I have some hayfever tablets that appear to have expired in March last year* that I'll take if I'm feeling grotty and remember. I am not 100% sure if I'm a sufferer as I know my symptoms are nothing like those of someone with a proper allergy. I get sniffles and the odd bout of unnecessary sneezing. Headaches I get regularly enough that I have no idea what triggers them anymore.
                I never get headaches, which is the main reason I know something is out of kilter when I do. The thing that made me think of hayfever today was a sudden attack of sneezing as I was walking to the chemist’s. No reason for it unless… somebody’s garden, or a tree, or suchlike!

Comment

As it was Beltane, it seemed only right to mark the occasion by watching a film about simple country folk celebrating the occasion in the traditional manner

So it was The Wicker Man (1973), which I haven’t watched in a good few years. I’d forgotten how funny it is for much of the buildup, and Christopher Lee is clearly enjoying himself tremendously throughout. Wonderful stuff

After that: Batman (1989), being one of those well-known films that I’ve never seen. Very good, I thought, particularly given its age; I’m not surprised it got such good press at the time, as it must have been way ahead of anything else then

And finally I remembered a TV series, Tin Star, that I’d part watched, and so picked it up again. It’s pretty good; good enough that I ended up watching two further episodes: Bait (TV Episode 2017) and Cuckoo (TV Episode 2017).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again. A chilly 9 degrees. Forecast says low chance of precipitation (10%) and reaching a heady 17 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses.

Up early for a Saturday. Couldn't sleep. Towels (bathroom and kitchen) in the WM. Bed linen next.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Polleny.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Apparently it's Saturday.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X