• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Should have gone yesterday when it was persisting down. Straight in, straight out.
    OK if it works - otherwise, I’d be getting persisted on

In fact it had resumed raining when I left, and people were still joining the queue, which was the same length as when I’d arrived - from the front door to the side of the store, down to the back, and up to the front again; all in the open air. Hardy breed, these Leicester folk

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      OK if it works - otherwise, I’d be getting persisted on

In fact it had resumed raining when I left, and people were still joining the queue, which was the same length as when I’d arrived - from the front door to the side of the store, down to the back, and up to the front again; all in the open air. Hardy breed, these Leicester folk
      Between 4:30 and 5:30 seems to be the sweet spot around here, as confirmed by the door staff. Everyone else is at home eating their dinner/tea (delete as regionally appropriate).
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The previous light shower has evolved into something more enthusiastic. Suddenly gone very dark!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Between 4:30 and 5:30 seems to be the sweet spot around here, as confirmed by the door staff. Everyone else is at home eating their dinner/tea (delete as regionally appropriate).
          I’ve been thinking of evenings for similar reasons - they always tended to be fairly quiet in the olden times. During the panic buying era the likelihood was that there wouldn’t be anything left then, but now stocks seem to be getting back to normal I may give it a go

Not for a while though, as I’m back to fridge, freezer, and cupboards being very nearly at capacity

Comment

My (currently uncooked) guinea fowl are sheltering under a dwarf magnolia tree. They look very sorry for themselves
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The previous light shower has evolved into something more enthusiastic. Suddenly gone very dark!

Thunder!

Not seen any lightening yet

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thunder!

Not seen any lightening yet

Comment

it's black as your hat, and hissing down here now.

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch, because there were four slices of white bread that I couldn’t fit back in the freezer once today’s goodies were in there, and I happened to have got some ham

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      it's black as your hat, and hissing down here now.
                      Rain’s stopped here. Holding out hope for a thunderstorm later though

Comment

Working...
                      X