• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I will catch up on the volcano doings tomorrow.
    Hope you like gorillas in the mist.

Oh, we're doing CO2 saturated lake water now.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Hope you like gorillas in the mist.
      Gorillas are always good

Comment

Walk to the Pharmacy to pick up the drugs they messed up last week. Its funny Amazon get the order right every time, the pharmacy cocks it up regularly.

Lamb chop, mushrooms, broccoli , carrots, mash & home made mint sauce.

Washed down with a pint of speckled hen.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Walk to the Pharmacy to pick up the drugs they messed up last week. Its funny Amazon get the order right every time, the pharmacy cocks it up regularly.

Strange things to order from a pharmacy to be fair to them.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Entertainment (continued): The Equalizer S1 E1 with that nice Mr Callan playing someone not half as hard.

I don't think I'll bother with the rest, far too formulaic.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Originally posted by vetran View Post

Which gives me another chance to quote Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), to wit, the conclusion of the hypochondria episode recently mentioned:

He sat down and wrote out a prescription, and folded it up and gave it me, and I put it in my pocket and went out.

I did not open it. I took it to the nearest chemist’s, and handed it in. The man read it, and then handed it back.

He said he didn’t keep it.

I said:

“You are a chemist?”

He said:

“I am a chemist. If I was a co-operative stores and family hotel combined, I might be able to oblige you. Being only a chemist hampers me.”

I read the prescription. It ran:
                “1 lb. beefsteak, with
                1 pt. bitter beer
                every 6 hours.

1 ten-mile walk every morning.

1 bed at 11 sharp every night.

And don’t stuff up your head with things you don’t understand.”

I followed the directions, with the happy result—speaking for myself—that my life was preserved, and is still going on.

Comment

Whilst dining, I started watching the latest Panorama. Turns out the government's incompetence led to them failing to protect the NHS and save lives during this wholly foreseen pandemic, and they have repeatedly lied through their teeth about it to save their own skins. What a surprise

And then back to good old-fashioned reading, finishing off The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

Still raining off and on; the seers reckon it might stop for a while from the early hours, only to start again later in the day

Goodnight all

Comment

morning

dank
                    on the king billy side
                    wednesday

Comment

Morning All

Weather - not as bad as yesterday, but still dull, grey damp, 7 deg c

Breakfast - usual

Lunch -
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X