• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Don't fancy Mrs WTFH's job, pretty crappy decisions to make, I hope you are making the tea!
    Tea? We're living on gin at the minute!

Yes, the decisions are crappy, many shouldn't have been necessary, but some are also going to be positive once we're through this.

And then there's the bit which is infuriating and also a bit funny - PHE v Resus UK and the RCN weighing in on it too.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Tea? We're living on gin at the minute!
      I have a large glass of Baileys in the fridge and I take a generous sip every time I open the fridge door

Comment

There is drilling going on. Right above my head. I wonder if that's truly an essential job being done.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          There is drilling going on. Right above my head. I wonder if that's truly an essential job being done.
          which regiment??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I wonder if a 120-mile round trip could be justified to pick it up? People have certainly come up with more tenuous excuses.
            Is a barometer, being a scientific instrument, more essential than a small carpet? Couple who drove from Leicester to Wales for a rug given warning by police - Leicestershire Live

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Is a barometer, being a scientific instrument, more essential than a small carpet? Couple who drove from Leicester to Wales for a rug given warning by police - Leicestershire Live
              Friends of mine living in Castleford are wondering if they can get back to their flat in London to pick up some bits. They drove home for the weekend, as they always do, and then the lock down started. If they had known it was going to happen, they would have packed very differently!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                which regiment??
                Rock apes on the way back from their gruelling "five miler of death"...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Sausage sandwich for lunch; toast not bread, butter on one side, ketchup on the other. HP is reserved for the presence of bacon for the benefit of those turning their nose up at ketchup on a sausage sandwich. Not that I was offering to share anyway.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Longacres delivered loads of Compost (John Innes #2 / #3 / General Purpose), Alpine planting, Topsoil, Farm Manure. Delivery was less than a week and 3 days earlier than quoted!

Lunch was chicken Kielbasa, with red cabbage and apple accompaniment.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Chicken and barley soup for lunch, with bread of both kinds

That’s a little bit more space released for the zingy soup I’ll be making with the remnants of the Big Chicken

Comment

Working...
                      X