• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he turned up in just a t-shirt? Where did the warm clothes come from?

Comment

Multiseed wholemeal toast with lashings of butter for lunch

And the mundane laundry is on

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        So he turned up in just a t-shirt? Where did the warm clothes come from?
        He doesn’t say he only took a t-shirt, just that it was mild enough that he was in one when he first arrived

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          He doesn’t say he only took a t-shirt, just that it was mild enough that he was in one when he first arrived
          Ah. Yes. Fair point

Comment

Decided I couldn't be bothered with clothes washing today so will do that tomorrow.

Lunch was a concoction of stuff from the fridge chucked in a pan with some eggs. It was nice enough.

Now watching Beyond the Reach (2014) - IMDb

Comment

The rain has stopped and the cloud cover is starting to clear

Comment

I wonder if the Chinese will be open tonight?

Their Facebook page has no recent update beyond saying they’d be open as usual from 8th April, which they very obviously weren’t last weekend. On JustEat, their page has been showing them taking orders for collection but not delivery this past week, which I know is wrong as they were closed when I went for a walk the other evening; and their FlipDish page says they won’t be taking orders until 24th April. So I assume they’ll be closed tonight, but it’s impossible to be sure in the face of all this conflicting information

They would have just opened in normal circumstances, so I might try phoning in a while and see if anybody’s there. But I daresay I’ll end up having to make my own dinner again

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Sounds like fun.

I thought they were having a megadrought so where did the snow come from?
                  Abroad is like that; they don’t have sensible weather like we do, just ridiculous extremes. It’s one of the reasons I don’t go there

Comment

Apparently the northern midwestern states can go from 6 feet of snow to 80 deg sunshine almost overnight in the spring, and the inverse in the fall (as the Septics term autumn for some irrational reason).

Best avoided, it does no one any good when that sort of thing happens.

The Sunday shop took place this afternoon since I was out of milk.

This bodes ill and will throw my routine completely out of kilter.

Anyone know what a kilter is?

Tea: bol that I cooked this afternoon and portioned up as per normal with more of that gluten free wheat free egg free spag.

It was particularly recalcitrant this evening but I managed to stop it gluing itself together in the pan.

The mince was BBE September, presumably last year but might have been the year before.

Lot of water in it but it boiled off eventually so it fried properly.

The added chilli powder, paprika, and garlic granules made it fairly ferocious as these things go, as it was alread an extra spicy Dolmio thing.

Followed by orange segments and custard, the orange being a bit closer to blue than I'd have liked.

Rounded off with 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Despite the FDA saying that it's not necessary to wipe over packaging, I did anyway.

Bleach adds to the flavour of stuff.

Oh, and I washed the jeans that I've worn for 3 weeks and the jumper and cords that I've worn for a lot longer.

Said cords are getting a bit thin to be honest, but they're very comfy and "generous" in all the right places for a gentleperson of my antiquity.

Had a nice chat with her next door but one, the generously embossomed one I've lusted after for years.

Her new squeeze was with her which probly explains why I haven't seen the previous partner for a while.

The new partner is the chap who's been cutting a tree down very slowly a bit further along the road.

In other other news, the solar battery chargers seem to be doing the needful, with the battery reverting to starting the car first turn.

The antilock brake warning light came on but I turned it off & back on again & it went out.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 April 2020, 18:19.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A fry up for Friday's evening meal, now a roast dinner for Saturday's. I'm sure the enemy is trying to mess with my sense of what day it is. No wonder dementia sets in when you're retired.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X