• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching R.E.D. as I fancied a bit of silly entertainment.

Comment

So cat news. Cat with dodgy kneecap keeps trying to fight the other cats. Even though it puts his knee cap out. What a stupid cat!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ... Anyway - you may have heard of something called the loan charge. A group was set up to fight this. LCAG. They have their own private forum - which makes sense. CUK is public so attracts trolls(really!).

Anyway, LCAG is recommending that their members use a defense called "white space". It is basically a tax avoidance scheme. With chances of success very close to zero.

It really ***** me right off that a group is supposed to help people is exploiting them.

To fight HMRC, I have to have my own adviser as they have pushed me over the edge over the last 12 years. Luckily I have no loan - I don't think anyone round here does. My adviser, who I shall call Phil, has told all his clients if they use "white space" they are totally stuffed.

LCAG have alot to answer for.....
        That's out of order. Big time.

Totally right to be effed off.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 12 April 2020, 21:13.

Comment

So cat news. Cat with dodgy kneecap keeps trying to fight the other cats. Even though it puts his knee cap out. What a stupid cat!
          MrsBP's phone just rang! That usually means trouble!

Luckily it was just DD checking if knee-cap cat had had his medicine....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            That's out of order. Big time.

Totally right to effed off.
            I only heard because one of my suicidal contacts called me in a panic the other day. She was well cheesed off.

Comment

I see the word trigger is getting much use again on CUK.

My brother's nickname was trigger.

Do you want to guess if it was because he was: -
              1. A great shot
              2. Like the guy in only fools and horses
              3. Like Roy Rogers horse?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Shoulder of lamb in the oven
                And so a roast lamb dinner did come to pass, and exceeding nice it was too

The temperature outside has dropped 10°C or more in the last few hours, and it’s got very windy. And there are big clouds, quite high up, scooting along from north to south at speed. Looks like summer is over

Comment

Tourists in India forced to write 'sorry' 500 times over coronavirus lockdown breach, South Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

The travellers - from Israel, Mexico, Australia and Austria - were caught taking a walk in Rishikesh, where the Beatles sought spirituality at an Ashram in 1968.

Local police officer Vinod Sharma said they were each made to write "I did not follow the rules of lockdown so I am so sorry" 500 times.

I wish they would introduce that in the UK!

Though round her, I am not sure all the locals can write....

Comment

Tourists in India forced to write 'sorry' 500 times over coronavirus lockdown breach, South Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

The travellers - from Israel, Mexico, Australia and Austria - were caught taking a walk in Rishikesh, where the Beatles sought spirituality at an Ashram in 1968.

Local police officer Vinod Sharma said they were each made to write "I did not follow the rules of lockdown so I am so sorry" 500 times.

I wish they would introduce that in the UK!

Though round her, I am not sure all the locals can write....
                    They might just about manage scratching some sticks through their own dirt?

Oh...sorry, thought you meant some of the locals in General...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      (continued) Alistair Cooke: America E4 wherein the ungrateful wretches waste tea in a harbour.

Homeland S8 E9 wherein no one knows wtf is going on.

Though the prospects of a nuclear exchange with Pakistan seem to be increasing.
                      (continued) TAOM: The ladder of creation: Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace (who lived in Neath for a while surveying stuff).

In other news, the wind is rising.

I think winter is on its way again.

Amazingly him next door managed to mow several lawns without my "gentle" suggestions.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2020, 22:06.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X