• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It’s called “The Thames”

Though I believe it makes its way down to the vicinity of Beckton before getting there
    Until the new super sewer is built, not guaranteed.

I used to cycle along the deptford spur in the good old days. When we were allowed to mingle freely....

Comment

Its too hot !!
      Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
        Its too hot !!
        22.8°C in here at the moment, which it seems is about the same as outside

Mind you, this side of the building is in the shade in the afternoon. It probably feels warmer in the sun.

Comment

Seemed a bit cooler on The Walk than it was yesterday.

The Leg grumbled a bit towards the end, but nothing to speak of really.

The 2nd ep of Alistair Cooke: America was all about the French & Spanish bagging all the terra incognita they could find.

Which was a remarkable amount really, when you sum it all up.

<spoiler>The WASPs turn up in The Mayflower in ep3.</spoiler>

I felt a little less tempted to fall asleep than earller until I sat down in here in the cool.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch

Comment

Lunch was scrambled eggs on toasted rye sourdough. In surprisingly good nick (the bread) considering its best before date was 4 April

Too many people out and about (what the heck are they doing???) for me to have disposed of the mud slurry yet.

Half way through Annihilation.

Nice and cool in my flat. Which always makes me think it's colder out than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I have figured out the issue with the freezer drawer. A poussin is wedged against a bracket that holds one of the smaller storage drawers (output from the ice machine to be specific). Now to figure out how to move it. Poking it with a stick has so far been unsuccessful.
                Still haven't figured this out yet.

There is a very annoying ridge in the base of the drawer where one can insert an optional drawer divider (why?!). Without that, I could have simply poked the poussin over a bit out of the way of the bracket. I cannot get the well wedged bird over the ridge. There is also an ice cube tray that I've stored herbs in that's behind the chook which is not helping matters. With the drawer only opening an inch, I can't see sweet FA and have very little wiggle room.

Last resort is to turn off the F/F and wait for the meat to defrost in the hope it's squishy enough to make it under the bracket. That means everything gets defrosted!

Comment

Freezer sorted! Phew!

I dunno what I did different. I just re-did what I attempted to last night, which was take out the drawer below and shake the offending drawer from underneath.

I then had a go at opening it and it opened half way! I could get an arm in! Nearly couldn't get it out, mind.

Managed to get the herbs out, which gave me more wiggle room.

Then essentially a mix of opening and closing the drawer, grabbing the poussin and twisting and pulling finally released the damn thing. It's now in the fridge to defrost so it can't cause me any more bother. It's looking a bit bashed!

What a relief! I knew I'd get it sorted eventually.

Such drama for Easter Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Freezer sorted! Phew!

I dunno what I did different. I just re-did what I attempted to last night, which was take out the drawer below and shake the offending drawer from underneath.

I then had a go at opening it and it opened half way! I could get an arm in! Nearly couldn't get it out, mind.

Managed to get the herbs out, which gave me more wiggle room.

Then essentially a mix of opening and closing the drawer, grabbing the poussin and twisting and pulling finally released the damn thing. It's now in the fridge to defrost so it can't cause me any more bother. It's looking a bit bashed!

What a relief! I knew I'd get it sorted eventually.

Such drama for Easter Saturday.

Comment

i was about to suggest a two pound lump hammer.
                      if it can't be fixed with a lump hammer, it can't be fixed.
                      as it's bank holiday, and a national emergency, this engineering consultancy advice is gratis.

hth.

Comment

Working...
                      X