• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth stopped working on the MBA, which is annoying as “Unlock with Apple Watch” relies on it, so I was having to type my password in like an animal

Deleted the com.apple.Bluetooth.*.plist files (and their associated .lock files) from /Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost and restarted so it auto-regenerated them, and it all works again

Or should that be “It Just Works Again”

Comment

If we are not allowed out to exercise, and ony out to the shops, I will pick a shop next to the pier....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Walked up to the pier and back with MrsBP.

Saw a seal. Apparently it was there yesterday and had a fish. The seagulls tried to steal the fish. I think the seagulls are not happy about having to catch their own food.

Also saw a gannet or cormorant or something. It did some diving for fish too.

I think there are quite a few mackerel in the bay.
        Probably a cormorant, they dive for fish .

You should get a fishing rod, Mackeral are easy to catch and fill your freezer.

You might thank me for that in 6 months time
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 5 April 2020, 14:08.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          If we are not allowed out to exercise, and ony out to the shops, I will pick a shop next to the pier....
          “Analysis of your Google Maps data shows that Dai’s Carpets and Laminate Flooring is your nearest shop. Henceforth you are allocated to that shop and may only purchase items from there.” - HM Government text next week, probably

Comment

Bedding load #1 out of WM and hung up.

Bedding load #2 in WM.

Clothes that were washed yesterday, and have since dried, have been put away.

Comment

Doing a collaborative task as part of my OU course with some people from my tutor group - researching Huntington's.

Nasty disease. Not that there's any good ones

Comment

Ooh and a top choon just playing on Radio 6 Music:

Comment

Just reconfigured the Logitech Media Server to get Airplay working correctly.

So I'm now listening to Great Lives about Enid Blyton.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sunday afternoon shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done & dusted, all items then subject to a good wash with warm water and Fairy Liquid.

By now, if I followed the late Strangelove Mater, I'd be washing everything in neat Domestos.

As an ex midwife & ward sister she was keen on cleanliness and disinfecting stuff.

Tended to make the apples & oranges taste a bit odd, though.

The assembled congregation might be pleased to learn that the three solar panels currently charging the batter in the Corolla seem to have done the business inasmuch as it started first turn with no requirement to run 60m of cable down the garden to connect up the battery charger.

Nice calm shopping trip though I failed to get any sprouts.

One way system in Tesco.

No one way system in Morrisons though the carpark is now free for the duration.

Take that Eurocarpark Nazis.

Oh, and the application of surgical spirit to the hands after visiting both stores, plus the extended washing of hands on the return from same, plus the Fairy Liquiding of the produce has dried the skin on my hands most unpleasantly, leading to the need for moisturiser.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Doing a collaborative task as part of my OU course with some people from my tutor group - researching Huntington's.

Nasty disease. Not that there's any good ones
                    A particularly unpleasant way to go, slow & extended, with a 50% chance of inheriting it from an afflicted parent.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2020, 14:48.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And! (Final post as I have to get back to the OU work stuff) If you like fiendishly difficult quizzes:

BBC Radio 4 - Round Britain Quiz

I only occasionally catch it on Radio 4 as it's only on for a few weeks (months?) a year and seems to be aired at 11pm on a Saturday night.

Last of the current series was aired last night, back next year, but the archive is worth a listen. They like listener submitted questions if you wanted to occupy yourself thinking up something.

Comment

Working...
                      X