• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And another one I solved tonight. Sybase ASE. Trying to do something like: -
    delete t1
    from t1, t2
    where t1.c1 = t2.c1
    and t1.c2 = "0"

Even though it should delete no rows, and an index on C2, it stil took ~20 minutes. 2 billion rows in each table and sybase sometimes gets really confused. I suppose I do too - but I am elderly too so I should be more understanding.
    Try "Drop Table t1" next time.

That command definitely works, although you might not keep your job if done in Production
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Do their eggs taste different to chicken's?

I shall let you know in a couple of days.
      My understanding is that they don’t taste that much different, but have bigger yolks.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        I was really worried for one minute there

“Fertilised” is not a position.

But if it was, Dan the postman would be more worried than me.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          “Fertilised” is not a position.

But if it was, Dan the postman would be more worried than me.
          Dan should be keeping 2m+ distance, same as anyone else
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            ooh ta!
            Don't be too grateful, it's a very strange film.

And, IIRC, it's more a case of potty mouth than anything more exciting.

Who'd have thunk that Buffy knew words like that.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight’s tea has been chicken madras out of the freezer, with the usual rice and naan. Very tasty

The label on the curry told me I froze it on 1st February. Odd to think how different things were back then
            The past is another country, they did things differently then.

I put that lentil <pffft> soup I ate yesterday in the freezer a year ago.

I was still working back then.

And universities and skools had exams in the summer term.

It seems so strange.

The evening's entertainment: "The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax", "The Problem of Thor Bridge", "Shoscombe Old Place".

Sadly the Thor Bridge thing was involving enough for me to miss 20 minutes of the Kermode thing on BBC4 about Spies in Film, which irritated I more than a bit. .

I wonder when they'll repeat it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 April 2020, 22:34.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Sadly the Thor Bridge thing was involving enough for me to miss 20 minutes of the Kermode thing on BBC4 about Spies in Film, which irritated I more than a bit. .

I wonder when they'll repeat it.
              Available for 11 months on iPlayer: BBC iPlayer - Mark Kermodes Secrets of Cinema - Series 2: 3. Spies

My viewing tonight was part 2 of The Night Of, Subtle Beast (TV Episode 2016). Our hero is facing a pretty bleak time in the criminal justice system of New York City

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Daily Report
                ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Too Dark To See!

Parish Notes - Sick of WFH! Actually, that's not true. Sick of working from home and family being here! I think I'll have a weekend over at Mum's place, do some tidying, cleaning etc. Alone!

Time for a coffee while I do a build. Might even have some toast...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I have a plan for the weekend - pop in to see a mate on Anglessey. He claims he wants to be alone! I bet he would love to see me. I will surprise him.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I shall let you know in a couple of days.
                    My understanding is that they don’t taste that much different, but have bigger yolks.
                    MrsBP is jealous! Has never tried a guinea fowl egg! And as she is/was a chef, I am amazed...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Dan should be keeping 2m+ distance, same as anyone else
                      Is Dan a cyclist?

Comment

Working...
                      X