• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner has been breaded haddock, chips and peas, courtesy of the captain and my aunt.

with chablis.

tv's krap, and i don't know what i fancy on iplayer/netflix etc.

meh.

still, actually got some real work done today.
    nice to know the old brain still functions, after a fashion

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      CUK was down there for 3 minutes!
      So longer than your wife then.

Comment

Gammon for dinner...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Gammon for dinner...
          roast, boiled or steak?

chips?

HP sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            roast, boiled or steak?

chips?

HP sauce?
            MrsBP cooked it - I just ate it.

I am sure there were potato wedges though.

London office almost closed - nearly everyone WFH.....

Comment

Tea has been spag bol, freshly made rather than out of the freezer, and quite exceptionally nice it was

Plenty left to go in the freezer too

Comment

An hour and a half into "Sgt York" and he's only just arrived in France.

Tennessee back in the day was just a tad primitive, assuming it really was like that in 1916.

Quite funny to watch him applying Kentucky windage to a 30-06 rather than a Kentucky muzzle loading rifle.

Would they still have used those in 1916?

Apparently so:

Strong pockets of long rifle use and manufacture continued in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and North Carolina well into the 20th century as a practical and efficient firearm for those rural segments of the nation.

Long rifles could be made entirely by hand and hand-operated tooling, in a frontier setting
                Now watching the thing on 5+1 about recycling.

I must be unusual in not throwing much food away, though the compost heap gets fed with lots of outer leaves and peel and suchlike from fruit and veg.

Doesn't seem to do the worms much harm.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2020, 21:57.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Feeling rather tired now

No telly (apart from more of the Essex murder stuff while I was eating) tonight; instead, I’m re-reading The Great Influenza

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Feeling rather tired now

No telly (apart from more of the Essex murder stuff while I was eating) tonight; instead, I’m re-reading The Great Influenza
                    Ah, light reading for when you're feeling a bit peaky.

Spanish flu killed more people, but The Black Death killed a higher percentage of the population.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Ah, light reading for when you're feeling a bit peaky.

Spanish flu killed more people, but The Black Death killed a higher percentage of the population.
                      Indeed: possibly as many as a hundred million, versus more than 25% of the population in Europe (other populations dying on a vast scale are available)

Comment

Working...
                      X