• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrS, was there every anywhere decent to post other than TPD?

Comment

And whilst I'm at it, thanks DrS for your suggestion a few weeks ago - I'm now watching my way through Survivors on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        DrS, was there every anywhere decent to post other than TPD?
        Yes, oddly enough, before the B word fecked everything up it was much more pleasant, even Specifically in General most of the time.

Glad you find "Survivors" of innerest.

I'm almost (but not quite) tempted to get the boxset.

I watched it in glorious black & white back in the day (1975).

That telly is down in the garage not having been turned on in nearly 40 years.

I don't think I'll turn it on again now though.

In other news, I was allowed to purchase a maximum of two tins of corned beef in Morrisons this morning.

There's been more C virus found in Neath over the last couple of days.

Been nice knowing you all

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Stone me.

That was one brave mother****er and no mistake.

<spoiler>He rescued 75 men from the top of Hacksaw Ridge & got awarded the Medal of Honor for his trouble</spoiler>
        Turns out that the film concatenates action on the Pacific Islands before the Okinawa invasion (the film makes it seem that Okinawa was his first action which it most certainly wasn't).

He is estimated to have saved 300 men during his service.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2020, 12:58.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Going to see how many eggs we get today...
          5 so far, but The Wife (tm) is going to have to have a word with the girls.

We've got 3 coops - one for the guineafowl (who have never laid eggs that we've found yet), one wooden house for the 4 old girls, and one recycled plastic house for the new girls. Each evening they all go to bed in their own houses.

The way it should work: 2-4 eggs from the old girls in their house, 2-4 eggs from the new girls in their house. Normally it does work like that. And yes, you can tell which group of birds have laid which eggs based on size, colour and markings on the egg

Today we had: one old girl and one new one have laid eggs in the guinea house. One old girl and two new ones have laid in the old girls house. No eggs in the new girls house.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch was fish fingers in a wrap with lettuce and tartare sauce from the canteen.

I had to pay £4.82 for that! It would have been more if I wanted an abundance of mediocre chips with it.

This is why I usually get soup or a salad as the hot meals are never good value for money.

Comment

Hot dog for lunch

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Glad you find "Survivors" of innerest.

I'm almost (but not quite) tempted to get the boxset.
              I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago

Comment

CUK was down there for 3 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  CUK was down there for 3 minutes!
                  Suity looking after the site for a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Suity looking after the site for a bit?

I think MF remembered Admin's password.

Comment

Lamb doner from Istanbul Grill on Bridge Street. Excellent as ever.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X