• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandfather was Irish
    Mine too, although her lived much of his life in Brazil. Probably where I inherited certain characteristics from.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Dinner was a wrap filled with Waitrose haddock fish fingers. Unexciting but good enough.

Comment

One thing you always get at the local Iceland that you never used to see at Sainsbury’s Local: members of staff, in uniform, hanging round by the front door of the shop, having a fag

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I assume this doesn’t happen with LED ones?

Though there seems to be something about our electrics here (which date back to the 1980s) that makes LED ones go quite quickly - this last bulb in the kitchen has only lasted about a year or two
          I had one of those energy saving jobbies explode, scarey, much noise and smoke. Took some clearing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            I had one of those energy saving jobbies explode, scarey, much noise and smoke. Took some clearing up.

One more thing to worry about…

Comment

Very nice tea of lamb rogan josh (out of the freezer) with the usual rice and naan

Comment

Tired, going to get an early night and hope that bloody electrical whining doesn't start up again.

Watched an episode of Trust Me, I'm a Doctor preceded by The Infinite Monkey Cage. TIMC was a fairly rubbish one to have gone to the expense of televising, it being on UFOs and was barely a decent look at the probability of extra terrestrial life. I watched something else too but I forget what.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I think the evening's entertainment is to be "A Perfect World" with that Keven Costner chap.
                  And so it proved to be.

I enjoyed that a lot more this time than when I last saw it in the cinema in Swansea nearly 30 years ago.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back on the Danish again tonight: Forbrydelsen S2E1 and S2E2

Another chilly night out there, already down to 2°. This won’t do the car battery any favours. I’m torn between replacing it myself, and just getting them to do it when I take it for its MOT, which I keep forgetting is due by the end of next week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It’s raining here. Hotel room comfortable although the pillows aren’t great.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X