• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been two boiled eggs with wholemeal buttered toast.
    utterly delicious after a week of hospital food, (and four days of drips)

a bit difficult to make though, since i appear to be one huge soft tissue injury

Comment

Roast beef was ok.

The rest, being saltless, was as tasteless as usual.

Once I've cooled down again, it's nearly time for the Sunday afternoon trip to Tesco and Morrisons.

I don't think I'll go to Lidl or I'll end up with more fecking spanners.

Cue the Aldi Lidl song.

It's still too warm in the living room.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        ... four days of drips...
        You've been watching the Tory leadership contest.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You've been watching the Tory leadership contest.
          no, thankfully not.
          i wasn't conscious at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Once I've cooled down again, it's nearly time for the Sunday afternoon trip to Tesco and Morrisons
            Done. Spanner free zone.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It's still too warm in the living room.
            The fecking sun came out to make it hotter.

But it's gone in again now.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Simpsonesque out, but not as unpleasantly hot as yesterday

Comment

ok, i guess i'll have to leave fixing the bike for another couple of days until i've got some muscle function back

likewise anything drum related, - bugrit bugrit bugrit.

do sainsburys or tesco sell horse meat?? - i feel the need to gorge myself on the stuff.

time to fire up the emulator and see if i still remember how a mainframe works.

(jezz, even typing is hard)

not happy today in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Roast beef bap (wholemeal) to tide me over until I've got enough energy to sort out tea

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Roast beef bap (wholemeal) to tide me over until I've got enough energy to sort out tea
                    3 rounds of toast and some Ardennes Pate, followed by a crispy fresh pear, a plum and some black cherries.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
                      Found some PC Plus and PC Today from 89 to 91ish.

Must have kept them because there's bits of C in there that might have looked interesting for programming DOS.

Just recycling these days and not worth extracting from the mags.

The cover diskettes were 5.25".

Presumably 360k* since not everyone had a 286/386/486 at the time.

*Might still work if they are, whereas 1.2M diskettes died long long ago. Some of the Argos 1.44M diskette wouldn't even format they were so crap.

Tea/dinner was a Ginsters Cornish Pasty followed by some stewed raspberries and gooseberries with custard.

Yum. Health food.

It'll be eye of a needle time ago tomorrow.

Found some stuff I'd forgotten all about during the browse through cardboard boxes in the box room.

See wot I did there?

It's stuff that used to reside in the office but the plumbing repair to the central heating led to doing the needful in terms of emptying the shelves behind the corner desk and thereafter said shelves, when reassembled, were the repository for the unwatched dvd surplus.

It has crossed what passes for my mind these days that said disassembly and reassembly is no longer possible due to the extensive crap that now takes up space in the centre of the room.

There's several more tvs in there that might go to meet their disasembler, neither of which will receive anything off air, though one was a birthday present to the late Strangelove Pater when he was still working 40 or so years ago.

It's a Grundig monochrome tv that was never up to much when it was new.

Fecking sun is shining again.
                      jeez, and i was worried about concussion making me ramble.

ever considered a house clearance service?

like, rip it it up and start again?

or does that not work in wales?

Comment

Working...
                      X