• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I remember my brother insisting on watching the film one Christmas - must have been Boxing Day 1989. It dragged on forever, even though it's apparently only about two hours long
    Yes I think we discussed it the last time I watched that interminable film.

It was made a bit more sprightly by the deft use of FF.

Sadly you can't do that with the pretentious tosh of the book itself.

I prefer the Cadfael oevre, it's not "high art" thank feck, and is much more interesting.

Indeed we did:

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    This evening's 2nd epic is "The Name of the Rose", that pretentious film made from an even more pretentious book.

Only saved by the presence of Mr Connery.

The Name of the Rose (1986) - IMDb

Still too fecking long & too fecking pretentious.

No wonder it's taken me 8 years to get around to watching it.
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've occasionally been tempted to give it a second chance, but maybe I won't bother
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2019, 16:44.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Laundry done, hopefully to dry quickly in this heat

Comment

I'm now ripping the DVDs of Nice Work (TV Mini-Series 1989– ) - IMDb, which I'm hoping will be a somewhat less miserable thing to watch than S3 of Spiral. I really enjoyed the novel by David Lodge on which it was based, but never saw this TV adaptation.

I don't really need to rip it, but having it on the computer allows me to access it via the Apple TV without having to get up and put the disc in, which is better because I'm extremely lazy

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          UBS 1991. They decided to test their UPS. During a trading day.

Of course the test did not work and then had no power for most of the day.....
          Were they ubs in 91? Were they not s g Warburg or even warburg Dillon Reed?

Comment

s'ot here, now.

@DrS, - have you considered Ebay for your old unwanted stuff? - if it still works?

or not, probably.

oh, well

feck it.

Comment

Evening all.

Too fecking hot here.

Feeling rather low all day, not helped by lack of serious contracts. Strongly considering permiedom for some more regular income and not being tuliped about by clients and agents.

Comment

At some point, imperceptibly almost, contracting stopped being fun.

It seems to have been within the last three years - lots more bitty bobby little contracts, fewer good long runs in the Public Sector where I used to make my money, lots more being messed about.

Comment

Ah feck it, I need a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Ah feck it, I need a drink.
                    Duly poured. One Innis & Gunn Original from last week's shopping trip.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Duly poured. One Innis & Gunn Original from last week's shopping trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X