• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doctor next door has had a couple of always-on lights installed in his back yard, replacing the motion-sensitive ones that primarily served to let me know if a cat was wandering around out there while I was cooking. I assume this is a crazed overreaction to that burglar climbing up the shared fire escape on to our roof a few months ago, and the police cutting through the padlock on the doctor’s back gate so they could haul him away once they’d talked him down

Comment

dinner has been steak and chips and lots of bevvy.

semipished now.
      death in paradise on tv.

just got offered a gig.
      an IT engineering gig.
      feck me, wonder will never cease.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The doctor next door has had a couple of always-on lights installed in his back yard, replacing the motion-sensitive ones that primarily served to let me know if a cat was wandering around out there while I was cooking. I assume this is a crazed overreaction to that burglar climbing up the shared fire escape on to our roof a few months ago, and the police cutting through the padlock on the doctor’s back gate so they could haul him away once they’d talked him down
        That would really annoy me. I am not a fan of unwarranted light at the best of times

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That would really annoy me. I am not a fan of unwarranted light at the best of times
          it's amazing what can be achieved with a barnett black widow and a 6mm steel ball.
          just saying, like.

Comment

Just watched the second part of Dracula. Oh that was a good ending! Looking forward to the third part.

HWMBO and one of his ankle biters is imminently inbound but they're off out tomorrow afternoon so I can see me "W"FH from the sofa to see the last part.

I also started watching BBC iPlayer - Vienna Blood the other day, and was remiss in reporting that fact. Interesting so far, has potential.

Comment

It’s round the back so it doesn’t really bother me, except that if I walk in the kitchen and one of the lights is on in their yard, I automatically go to check if there’s someone dodgy out there or if it’s just a cat (it’s always a cat). I daresay the conditioned reflex will wane given time, but right now it’s putting me on a state of alert every time I walk in the kitchen, then a moment later I remember

Just watched the second part of Dracula. Oh that was a good ending! Looking forward to the third part.
              Yes, I thought the end of part two was excellent

Tea has been more of the Big Chicken, reheated, with chips and lashings of red sauce

Comment

The evening's entertainment, such as it was, was the conclusion of the Frakes' commenatary and the whole of the writers' commentary on "ST: 1st Contact".

I'm not altogether sure it is reasonable to describe it as "Entertainment".

The flatulence of the first kind has passed, (), the flatulence of the second kind is making its presence felt.

There were some odd noises from down the garden just nnow, I may go & have a shuftie.

It the worst comes to the worst I can always fart at them.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 February 2020, 23:13.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  There were some odd noises from down the garden just nnow, I may go & have a shuftie.

It the worst comes to the worst I can always fart at them.

Tonight’s reading has been more of Primo Levi’s The Truce. Having been moved from Poland to a remote region of Belarus for several months, word has now come that they are to return home. I already know that their route will not be direct…

Goodnight all

Comment

Evening all

Just back from work and about to hit the gym (for 5 mins)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And it’s snowing in Memphis.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X