• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    And in just 7 days....

...And a quick reference to Nicholas Parsons. (or Blofeld/Henderson)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Narator: Dissatisfied with her current Beau, Lady Muck has decided to knit her own from a bar of soap and a catalysing acid.
      That was the jist of Season 4 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Comment

Morning denizens

Awaking late from peaceful slumber, I found that although I’d remembered to set alarms, they hadn’t wakened me. Turns out I’d somehow, at some point during the last couple of days, turned the phone’s ringer volume down to about 2% without realising

Sunny spells out, though I think there’s some very high haze keeping it from getting very warm - it's only up to about 7°C at the moment. Dry for now though

Comment

Having awoken unbidden at 18 minutes past sparrow fart and thusly had breakfast early, lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast*, with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*Due to a distinct lack of that, the next loaf is multigrain which isn't as nice.

The CBS has been polluted with fluffy white clouds and assorted chem trails.

No good shall come of this.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was the final portion of turkey curry from the Christmas left overs stash.

The hallway thermometer days it's a balmy 19 degrees in my flat but it's bloomin chilly in my office. I should get a thermometer in there to see what temperature it gets down to.

Currently in the living room warming up before I go back to work.

Comment

Lunch was the only kebab worth eating sober - Lamb Donner from Istanbull Grill on Bridge Street, Mamucium.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Respite for Ceefax 2.0: BBC suspends Red Button text switch-off - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I saw that. I was thinking about a thread in general - but I can't think of a witty angle yet.

However I do get fed up with old technology like that hanging around. Can't we move on? Though I am sure many will disagree with my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I saw that. I was thinking about a thread in general - but I can't think of a witty angle yet.

However I do get fed up with old technology like that hanging around. Can't we move on? Though I am sure many will disagree with my opinion.
                    What I found interesting was that the (text-based) service was heavily used by the visually impaired

I may have misremembered the article I read...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It’s not exactly old technology; it’s driven by MHEG-5 aka ISO/IEC 13522-5 which is a set of internationally-supported standards for implementing interactive digital TV services

Comment

Working...
                      X