• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Looked into the Joanna Southcott thing a few years ago. Can't remember the details now, didn't they open the box and find a packet of wine gums or something?

PS Just had a look at Wikipedia, was lottery ticket and a horse pistol, not a packet of wine gums. If that was not the real box, they need to find the real one, they certainly need to open it soon to save us all from... everything.
    They claim they still have the original unopened box, which they keep under tight security in a secret location, probably in Bedford: History | The Panacea Museum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      They claim they still have the original unopened box, which they keep under tight security in a secret location, probably in Bedford: History | The Panacea Museum
      isn't that in hangar 51??

Comment

^^^It's always a plus to find that there are people about who make me look relatively sane.

It's a bit of a panacea.

Tea this evening was the poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Followed by an individual Xmas pud with custard as a special treat.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It was all most acceptable.

Once I've done the dishes and had a shower then it'll be time for more BTVS and Angel.

Only two and a bit seasons of BTVS to go now.

And she doesn't get out of S5 alive.

Which makes the start of S6 inneresting in several ways.

that'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo.

<hiatus>

It also crossed what little remains of my mind that I forgot to make a rice pudding today which might explain the excess of milk in the fridge.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2019, 18:34.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Followed by an individual Xmas pud with custard as a special treat.

It's Xmas pud season!

I do like a bit of pudding and custard.

Must stock up.

Comment

Proper Sunday dinner today, just for a change: roast lamb, with the usual bits. Lovely, it was

I need to decide whether to use the leftovers to make Scotch broth or have another roast dinner with them later in the week; or possibly some third, as yet unthought of, alternative

Comment

I need to decide whether to use the leftovers to make Scotch broth or have another roast dinner with them later in the week; or possibly some third, as yet unthought of, alternative
              Carrots & onions?

So that's BTVS S5 E18 & 19, Angel S2 E18 & 19.

Now watching some thing on BBC4 about the worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin.

I suspect the only thing of hers that I've read is

The Left Hand of Darkness - Wikipedia

I don't remember it making much of an impression, not being space opera.

And this programme isn't so that's the end of that.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 November 2019, 22:14.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Carrots & onions?
                I am considering some kind of stew, so they might make an appearance

Tonight’s viewing has been The Wire - end of S1 with Sentencing (TV Episode 2002), and start of S2 with Ebb Tide (TV Episode 2003)

Goodnight all

Comment

I am considering some kind of stew, so they might make an appearance

Tonight’s viewing has been The Wire - end of S1 with Sentencing (TV Episode 2002), and start of S2 with Ebb Tide (TV Episode 2003)

Goodnight all
                  Shepherds pie

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                    Shepherds pie
                    Very good suggestion!

Comment

Chilly, but not uncomfortably so. Dark. Dry.

Sunrise just starting to make an appearance

Comment

Working...
                      X