• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture was Armageddon (1998), in which a big rock causes a lot of trouble for Bruce Willis and his associates. Been many years since I saw this one, and I reckon it's a lot better than Deep Impact (1998), which came out the same year and had the same premise. But I haven't seen the latter in a while, so maybe I should watch that too before passing judgment. Anyway, the former is great entertainment, if maybe not such good science

And after that, another one I haven't seen in a while: Last Night (1998), a Canadian film in which the world is going to end, for unspecified reasons, at midnight - though the fact that it remains light and burns to white at midnight in Toronto suggests it may be for similar reasons as the two films above. Anyway, it follows the lives of a number of people, many of which prove to have some kind of interconnection, during those last six hours as they do what they've chosen to do with that last bit of time. I first saw this on (I think) Channel Four a good few years back and got the DVD maybe nine years ago, and I've always liked it a lot; it's a bit like On The Beach compressed into a short period, and in the modern world. Well worth a watch if you can find it

Goodnight all
    Last edited by NickFitz; 4 August 2019, 03:22.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

CGS again, but at least the torrential rain and murrain of beasts is holding off for the moment.

Now contemplating what to get rid of next, being on a roll.

And everything is aching after those apples yesterday.:
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
          quite bright today

Comment

Good morning!

Quiet start to the day. Already 23 degrees outside. I will be venturing outdoors this afternoon for the first time since Thursday morning when I went two minutes up the road to post a birthday card.

Laptop fan is back to rattling. I think the case has bent slightly and it's pressing on the housing. Nothing at all to with my rough handling...

Comment

Cyclists.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

22.8 in here currently, rather more in the "kitchen" what with the oven being on and a variety of stuff boiling on the hob, including some lentil <pffffft> soup which had to be made before the parsnips totally rotted.

Roast lamb and lamb's heart today.

We shall see how it turns out shortly.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Cyclists.
                Dead?

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's drizzling.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 August 2019, 11:10.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Warm, though cloudy. We were supposed to be getting rain this afternoon, but apparently it's been cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Roast lamb and lamb's heart today.

We shall see how it turns out shortly.
                    'Twas nice enough.

First lamb's heart I've had for over a month.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Pleased you are okay!

Is that what the doctor recommended as a good lunch?
                      They didn't say not to eat sausages on a frequent basis, which I'm taking as an endorsement

Comment

Working...
                      X