• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No need for an eviction notice nowadays, just cut off the Internet and watch them flee
    It amazes me that more of them don't get run over in the street, so addicted are they to gazing gormlessly at some screen or other.

In other other news, the 2nd 0.525 pints of Glengettie tea have been drunk so it's time to finish the washing up & prepare for the unbelievable thrill of the Sunday afternoon shopping expedition.

<hiatus or interstitial pause>

Shopping done.

The Glengettie demanded that it should be let out urgently by the time I got to Morrisons.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2019, 13:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The rain has been cancelled, both for today and tomorrow

Severe weather warning of thunderstorms for Tuesday and Wednesday!

Comment

The rain has been cancelled, both for today and tomorrow

Severe weather warning of thunderstorms for Tuesday and Wednesday!
        It's been pissing down here for most of the afternoon.

Today's book is "Lost Honour, Betrayed Loyalty: The memoir of a Waffen-SS soldier on the eastern front" by Herbert Maeger, who, it turns out, was actually born a Belgian, since the bit he was born in only became Belgium after 1919 and became Germany again after 1940.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs, all in all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honour-Betr.../dp/184832748X

<hiatus>

And speaking as we were of brave little soldiers, I've just observed one next door in his fecking dressing gown as per usual.

Naturally enough, doing a bit of housework such as cleaning up some of the accumulated filth therein is plainly much beyond him.

Idle twat.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 June 2019, 18:26.

Comment

battered cod, chips and peas for tonight's repast.

as nice as usual.

watching people disassembling a jumbo jet.

interesting stuff.

my earliest job was in an engineering research place.

fluid mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It's been pissing down here for most of the afternoon.

It's gone very grey here over the last hour or so, and it's a bit breezy, but the forecast insists there won't be any rain even though there's showers within a few miles according to the radar. We shall see…

Today's book is "Lost Honour, Betrayed Loyalty: The memoir of a Waffen-SS soldier on the eastern front" by Herbert Maeger, who, it turns out, was actually born a Belgian, since the bit he was born in only became Belgium after 1919 and became Germany again after 1940.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs, all in all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honour-Betr.../dp/184832748X
            I'll add it to the list

And speaking as we were of brave little soldiers, I've just observed one next door in his fecking dressing gown as per usual.

Naturally enough, doing a bit of housework such as cleaning up some of the accumulated filth therein is plainly much beyond him.

Idle twat.
            He'd probably just want you to help him take it all down the tip

Comment

I'm back on one of my occasional forays into SpriteKit, Apple's framework for sprite-based games. I've got a blob appearing on the screen, and now I'm going to make it move…

Comment

I'm back on one of my occasional forays into SpriteKit, Apple's framework for sprite-based games. I've got a blob appearing on the screen, and now I'm going to make it move…
                And it did

Mind you, that's only about three lines of code added to the template generated by Xcode

Comment

Drove down to the parentals. Raining but not overly inconvenient until I reached Horsham then the heavens opened until I got to Findon. I was making good time until then, having left at a reasonable hour and missed much of the traffic.

Mum made egg and bacon sandwiches for late brekkie. She continues to be pathologically incapable of producing a fried egg with a runny yolk.

Dad was having a good day with his sciatica (left side), the hip that needs replacing (right side) is bearing up but causing gip in the mornings.

Drive home was good. Sun came out, and had a good run until I got to Putney. Then it ground to a halt from there until I got around the Hammersmith roundabout and onto the A4. Took a good 50 mins to travel a little under 4 miles.

Comment

He'd probably just want you to help him take it all down the tip
                    No doubt.

Though the sheer strain of actually doing anything whatsofeckingever seems too much for that pair if the state of the house & garden is anything to go by.

I've been doing the maths on buying this other house I've got my eye on.

This evening's televisual entertainment in the absence of the Oak Island nutjobbery, is "Once upon a time in the West" with Henry Fonda (cast against type), Mr Charles Bronson, Jack Elam, Woody Strode, Jason Robards and a shedload of Eyetalian actors no one has ever heard of apart from Claudia Cardinale.

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - IMDb

I've only now realised that it wasn't all shot in Spain, but lots of it was shot in Mexico, Arizona, California, and Spain.

Comment

This evening's televisual entertainment in the absence of the Oak Island nutjobbery, is "Once upon a time in the West" with Henry Fonda (cast against type), Mr Charles Bronson, Jack Elam, Woody Strode, Jason Robards and a shedload of Eyetalian actors no one has ever heard of apart from Claudia Cardinale.

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - IMDb

I've only now realised that it wasn't all shot in Spain, but lots of it was shot in Mexico, Arizona, California, and Spain.
                      I think that one's already on the list - I've got a vague plan to watch a bunch of Westerns of that ilk some time

Tea here has been some M&S Cajun chicken bits, with fries and lashings of tomato sauce

Thanks to my diligence in labelling I find that I vacuum packed and froze them on the 25 June last year, which I think makes them my longest experiment in vacuum sealing to date. They came out fine for what they were, so it seems to work
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 16 June 2019, 21:28. Reason: tyop

Comment

Working...
                      X