• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's four or five feet of assorted reading matter taken to the recycling things out the back of Big Sainsbury's. And I took the opportunity to pop in and get a chicken to roast later in the week, or maybe at the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^

Thanks for the reminder.

It's the little seeds they're going for, rather than the ground nuts.
      slabs of lard, mixed with seed and stuff.

in squirrel proof feeders.

it's great fun watching the feckers wasting 5 minutes trying to get at them

and again, and again, - 'cos they're as thick as the posters in the B*** forum.

got to get your amusement somewhere, i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        slabs of lard, mixed with seed and stuff.

in squirrel proof feeders.

it's great fun watching the feckers wasting 5 minutes trying to get at them

and again, and again, - 'cos they're as thick as the posters in the B*** forum.

got to get your amusement somewhere, i suppose.

I've had fatballs out there for yonks but they're not much interested in those.

They'll take the ground nuts if they have to, which they will shortly because there's no more of the little seeds left.

Just had a fun time pulling out this year's bumper crop of goosegrass/cleavers/whatever the feck you call it.

Hopefully before it's set seed.

At this rate I'll be spending my ill earned retirement pulling up weeds.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've had fatballs out there for yonks but they're not much interested in those.

They'll take the ground nuts if they have to, which they will shortly because there's no more of the little seeds left.

Just had a fun time pulling out this year's bumper crop of goosegrass/cleavers/whatever the feck you call it.

Hopefully before it's set seed.

At this rate I'll be spending my ill earned retirement pulling up weeds.
          well, welsh birds always were weird.

pulling up weeds is better than pushing up daisies innit??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            well, welsh birds always were weird.

pulling up weeds is better than pushing up daisies innit??

Marginally.

This evening's tea/dinner was M&S battered haddock.

It was very nice.

This evening's entertainment is ep 3 of S1 of "Jeremiah", I seem to have skipped ep 2 for some reason*.

"Jeremiah" Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

*Probly because I'm an arsehole.

Comment

Dithered for a bit over what to have for tea, then remembered I had leftover Chinese in the fridge. So it was cold crispy aromatic lamb (though it was no longer very crispy) followed by re-fried beef chow mein, and very nice it all was

Comment

Following the rather indifferent ep of Jeremiah, and a brief look at the Nasca lines, we are now watching a thing about Eisenhower.

The prick De Gaulle has just reared his obnoxious head.

More concerned with his own ego than D Day.

Makes one wish the Jackal had done his thing.

Stone me, the definition is poor on this, it's like a VHS LP playback.

Or maybe even EP.

One of his advisers noted “the General must constantly be reminded that out main enemy is Germany. If he would follow his own inclination, it would be England.”

De Gaulle’s career benefitted from his being a protégé of Marshal Petain, the victor at Verdun, but the two parted company over military strategy. While the military establishment were putting all their bets on the defensive Maginot Line, de Gaulle insisted on a war of movement.

His 1934 book, Vers l’Armee de Metier, calls for a professional and fully mechanized army of some 100,000 men in addition to its conscript army. The book died in France, but in Germany it was studied with great interest by Rommel and Guderian.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2019, 07:35.

Comment

There appears to be some kind of shopfitting activity involving power tools going on at the short-lived shawarma place over the road. Can't see what though, due to the chestnut tree being in leaf.

Comment

^^
                    I disposed of some stuff I'd extracted from long dead electronics magazines some time over Easter.

I worked on the principle that I hadn't looked at any of it since it was cut out, so if I threw it away it wouldn't matter much.

X7 home again home again, jiggety jig.

The bus was like an oven, but an elderly (even more elderly than I) closed the window and put her hood up.

The blood must get very thin at that age.

A youngish gentleman in one of those silly over engined loud motor cars informed me that I'm an arsehole because I told him when he inquired, that the road was closed unless he was a resident.

If he hadn't been so snotty I'd have told him he could very probably drive down it despite it being closed.

So he wore about £50 off his no doubt expensive tyres in some sort of attempt to impress me.

Sady, he failed at this.

The things you see when out without a gun.

Thanks for the reminder.

It's the little seeds they're going for, rather than the ground nuts.

why do I have this in my mind's eye?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film was On the Beach (1959). Spoiler alert: it doesn't end well for anybody

It's a great film though. Not quite as great as the novel, but I suppose there are aspects of the novel that can't really be translated into film.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X