• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sat down to write some code. "I'll do it properly and write some tests first" I thought.

Then I noticed a file sitting in the project which seems to contain all the code I was planning to write, which I apparently already wrote (without any tests) last summer

So now I'm just writing tests to make sure it works
    never write new code if you can revamp old stuff for the job in 1/10th of the time.
    <don't tell the end client, though, - gives you lots of wriggle room>

that's what toolboxes are for.

Comment

Now watching the season finale of the Oak Island nutjobs, meanwhile being in the middle of watching "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)" with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011) - IMDb
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tests are passing, which means it's time to think about dinner

Comment

Dinner was a Thai green chicken curry and rice which my mother gave me when I was at home last week. She often gives me food to bring back, as if I was a student. It isn't usually ready meals though; on this occasion she primarily gave me a joint of beef and some mince and bacon, and I think she stuck this curry in just to use up the last bit of space in the bag

Anyway, it was nice enough. It was from some Scottish butcher she orders meat from quite often, well made and obviously with high quality ingredients. But it turns out I'm not that keen on Thai green chicken curry. OK, but I wouldn't bother with it again

Comment

On the box this evening: Höre die Stille (2016), which in English is Hear the Silence, though the version I have has been retitled Behind Enemy Lines with Hear the Silence as a subtitle, which is just stupid because there are already loads of films called Behind Enemy Lines, most or all of which aren't as good as this one.

It concerns a company of German soldiers in, I assume, the winter of 1941, who have become detached from the main body of German forces in battle and seek refuge in a Ukrainian village. This turns out to be populated almost entirely by women and children, the men having been disappeared in Stalin's purges; they are also German Ukrainians, speaking German as a first language and not, in general terms, averse to the idea of Germany taking over, given what Russia has done for them.

But of course Nazis will be Nazis, and it turns out Ukrainian peasants are pretty damn tough even if they are women and children, so without getting into spoilers, let's just say the situation develops rapidly and not for the better.

A far from cheerful film, but very good, IMHO.

EDITED to add: according to IMDb, "This film was the end-of-the-year project for a German acting class." They did a damn good job and I hope they passed with honours

Goodnight all
            Last edited by NickFitz; 10 June 2019, 00:39.

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is it too early for? Yes it is. Bacon roll + HP and a coffee will set me up for in-flight breakfast
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Very very wet cycle in.

Comment

I think DS should try my cycle in.

Then he would not be so dirty.....

Comment

Working...
                      X