• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Almost not cold at 7 a.m.

Hazy white sky.

Chem trails galore.

Very Hazy over towards Baglan, though the mountain is still visible.

Margam less so.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Most of that film is hard to believe, such as the entire battle order of the North Atlantic fleet being laid out on the wall of a hut in Buckinghamshire that wasn't even a Naval establishment
    Only slight suspension of disbelief and snorting required.

As I watched the original the other night, tonight's movie was The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009). A lot of remakes are crap, but they do an excellent job with this one

And then, having lost track of it ages ago, back to Homeland, specifically S6E8: Alt.truth, in which bad things continue to happen to people who, when you think about it, are also bad. (I think we're supposed to think they're good people because they work for the US government.)

Goodnight all
    Yes, 123 II is rather fine in its way, as a palimpsest of the first one.

Homeland, on the other hand, becomes ever more lunatic as the years progress.

Had another seemingly endless nightmare of driving to an interview in Glasgow FFS.

I may be crazy, but Glasgow on the strength of a random email from a pimp?

Seems unlikely.

Couldn't find the place and I'd left my map of Edinburgh at home so had to stop & ask, then couldn't understand what was being said without subtitles.

So I turned them on.

Once I found the place it seemed a bit odd and then I woke up, thank feck.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2019, 07:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lots of work done overnight on the client's network and in a completely unrelated story, the database is running faster this morning.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning all

warm and sunny in Manchester -

somehow though I just don't care...

Comment

morning.
          clear blue in sunny sarf herts.

job done.
          handover completed.
          no more 07:00's for me for a while.

Comment

Morning

Lovely and sunny here.

Hungry, but supposed to be lunching with client. Hmmm, what to do...

Comment

Any sign of Nick's nicked car? (Apologies if it's been covered - have been otherwise occupied of late)

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice sunny day here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Any sign of Nick's nicked car? (Apologies if it's been covered - have been otherwise occupied of late)
                  There is

THE SUPER MONKEY CAR HAS BEEN FOUND!

Apparently they found it and recovered it on Sunday, on a dodgy estate about two or three miles away, but it's taken until today for the info to get through the system to me because of the Bank Holiday

Just spoken to the chap at the garage, and he's going to see about getting it back
                  Currently waiting to hear from the garage about what state it's in as they were closed for holidays or something this past week, having first put the car somewhere safe.

Comment

At the moment my diet consists mostly of fruit and vegetables. Difficult when cycling 24 miles/2 hours a day.

Anyway I just went to tesco for some blueberries. They were 95p for 150g or £2 for 250g! Exactly the same variety/origin....

Comment

well.
                      bird feeders resupplied.
                      ditch <pond> topped up.
                      goldfish fed.
                      neighbour chatted to.
                      I really need to make a list of stuff needing done, now i'm back in <semi>retirement.
                      Can't spend ALL day dahn the boozer.

Comment

Working...
                      X