• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That'll cover another day or two on the bench
    Probably all go on the Super Monkey Car's MOT which is due next week, but at least it's in a good cause

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Probably all go on the Super Monkey Car's MOT which is due next week, but at least it's in a good cause
      Just gave said car a bit of a clean, as there were at least a few layers of Saharan dust on there along with leaves and bits of twig from the buddleia that runs riot near where it parks. Then I went out for a run around the area; just a couple of miles, to see how it was going. Very well, considering it was manufactured thirty years ago February, is the answer

Couldn't go any further though as it's starting to get towards dark out there, and one of the headlights is about a quarter full of water, which will be the - or a - reason it doesn't pass the MOT

It's going in tomorrow though, for better or worse, which means I'll need to be up a bit earlier than usual but can stop at Greggs on the way back for a breakfast baguette

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And I see I forgot to mention today's Countdown Consumption: ham toasties

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Thank feck it's all over tomorrow, and we can get back to other distractions!
        And I'll get back to having lunch at about four in the afternoon, assuming I remember to have it at all

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was some more of yesterday's lamb.

It was ok.

Followed by some Morrisons raspberries (reduced), stewed with custard, which was very nice.

And a couple of Eccles cakes just to round it all off.

The televisual entertainment comprised "Darkest Hour (2017)" with Gary Oldman playing the Rt. Hon. W. S. Churchill, a role rather different from the murderous pimp he played in a film I watched a few days ago.

It was Very Good.

Darkest Hour (2017) - IMDb

Some fascinating comments in the 1* reviews.

Followed by some comedy called "Ghosts" on BBC1, which is more than slightly reminiscent of "The Ghosts of Motley Hall" of yore, episodes of which last may be found on Youtube.

It was amusing enough in the usual BBC PC sort of way.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2019, 21:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The televisual entertainment comprised "Darkest Hour (2017)" with Gary Oldman playing the Rt. Hon. W. S. Churchill, a role rather different from the murderous pimp he played in a film I watched a few days ago.

It was Very Good.

I liked that one

Tonight's TV was a couple of episodes of Babylon 5: Grail and Eyes. (I skipped TKO because even JMS, back in the Usenet days when B5 was first being produced, said it was a "non-arc episode", and I wasn't in the mood for latex-forehead-of-the-week.) Both good, though the first was plagued by some of that irritating "funny" music over-egging the mildly humorous aspect of one scene. On Usenet again, JMS said thereof: "After 'Grail,' we had a discussion with Chris about funny music. We do not anticipate further discussions." So that's that sorted out

Better get to sleep, as I need to be up early to take the SMC for its MOT.

Goodnight all

Comment

I liked that one

Tonight's TV was a couple of episodes of Babylon 5: Grail and Eyes. (I skipped TKO because even JMS, back in the Usenet days when B5 was first being produced, said it was a "non-arc episode", and I wasn't in the mood for latex-forehead-of-the-week.) Both good, though the first was plagued by some of that irritating "funny" music over-egging the mildly humorous aspect of one scene. On Usenet again, JMS said thereof: "After 'Grail,' we had a discussion with Chris about funny music. We do not anticipate further discussions." So that's that sorted out

Better get to sleep, as I need to be up early to take the SMC for its MOT.

Goodnight all
              Appearing in Bab5 appears to have been Bad For Your Health, judging by the number of Dead People in TKO.

Dropping like flies, many at an early age, one or two in their 40s.

Sid the Snitch is still going though. I like Sid the Snitch.

Morning.

Dry.

Cold.

Sunny.

Polleny.

Bit windier than yesterday.

Was halfway down the back lane when I remembered that the bus pass was in The Other Jacket, leading to a sight very rarely seen, to whit, me running.

By the time I'd collected said bus pass & hoofed it down to the bus station I'd actually broken into a sweat and was taking layers off.

Today's entertainment on the bus was the Lady Who Eats Breakfast: a couple of little cakes, a yoghurt, and a packet of crinkle cut crisps.

Health food++ at 07:15 in the a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

What really irked me was some "Eastern European" holding forth about the West not doing much to win the war compared with Soviet Army while quietly ignoring the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact that supplied the 3rd Reich with a lot of materiel while they were bombing the tulip out of the west of Europe, the USSR not being in the fecking war at all at the time other than splitting Poland in half with the Nazis and heroically executing much of the Polish armed forces.

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact - Wikipedia

But hey!, a year later they found out exactly what that Pact added up to, and it wasn't altogether good.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 April 2019, 07:15.

Comment

Morning all.

hazy sunshine in shivery sarf herts, aka Bearsden

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, and none too warm; even a bit misty, it seemed to me, in places

The Orion has been taken for its MOT. Now we wait

And I popped into Greggs on the walk back, so breakfast is a bacon and sausage baguette (extra rasher, extra link) with red sauce

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, and none too warm; even a bit misty, it seemed to me, in places

The Orion has been taken for its MOT. Now we wait

And I popped into Greggs on the walk back, so breakfast is a bacon and sausage baguette (extra rasher, extra link) with red sauce

Comment

Working...
                      X